The Phone Call | Teen Ink

The Phone Call

By jjhelgeson SILVER, Anoka, Minnesota
jjhelgeson SILVER, Anoka, Minnesota

"Sometimes friends are good but some of the friends can be mean"

The phone rings. I was all alone. I was scared to answer the phone but I did anyways.

“Hello?” I said

No answer it was just breathing then they hung up on the other line. I hung up.

Oh my god who was that on the other line? I thought

My name is John I am fifteen years and I am alone and a scary phone call just happened. The phone rang again

“Hello?” I said

“Hello,” someone said, “you have won six tickets to the Yankees game but if you hang up you will get killed.”

I was very scared, that I shivered. I was so scared that I had goosebumps on my arms and legs I was going to call the police, but then I remembered the words spinning through my head like a tornado spinning in the wind and rain.

I tried to go to sleep that night when they let me go, but I couldn’t sleep because of all the questions running through my head like who was on the other line? And why did he want to kill me?

The phone rang again but I didn’t answer. Instead, I just ignored the phone.

My mom came in and she asked what was wrong.

“I found out someone threatened me, mom. I don’t know who it was but I am really scared.”

“Man” she said but stayed silent. I was wondering why she was staying silent but I was too tired to think so I went to sleep.

I was dreaming about the incident and how I hung the phone.

I Began to think that my mom might of committed the phone call. Did she really do it? I must know for sure.

I went to the police station and told them about what happened. He started laughing

“Your really funny boy, No one would ever prank call you without us knowing” he said

“But-“ I said

“Silence” he interrupted

I left the police station in a sigh still waiting for an answer of who did it.

Then I realized that my enemy’s dad hosts a TV show. I went to his house and started asking questions about what he did last night.

When I finished I came to a conclusion that there was two prime suspects: my mom and my enemy’s dad

I went back to the lab and examined the finger prints on who called us last and also came to a conclusion that there was only one suspect, my mom

I went back to the house and went to go find my mom

“Mother I can’t believe you did this to me. I thought you loved me.”

“What are you-”?

“. You love me I didn’t know you prank called me, mom!

“Happy birthday, John” she said

Happy birthday, John? No ‘you got me’ or ‘man I did’
“Mom why did you prank call me?”
“I’m sorry son I didn’t know it was you.”
The police arrested my mom witch was sad and I was alone again but u didn’t care.
I wanted to tell my friends about this but I guess I didn’t say anything when I wanted to say about it. When I got back home I wanted to call my mom and apologize to her about how I said she did it out loud.

“Wait” I said “It was a prank I did something really bad and I didn’t mean to do it I got an f on my best subject that is math but I didn’t tell her I got an f until she found out and I got grounded from not telling her.”

“Fine we will take him in,” the police said to me

“No I can’t be taken to court or even juvie!!”

It was too late they have already taken me in and I was going to trial. As they talked I was thinking about what had all happened this summer. It was so depressing to see my mom being taken away by the cops.

I was assigned to do a mystery somewhere in march

jjhelgeson SILVER, Anoka, Minnesota

Thanks im glad you liked it im thinking of putting in another peice of work at the end of the summer and its gonna be a jornal of a 15 year old boy based on events that happened in the world war II

Katrselyn said...
Katrselyn, Kankakee, Illinois
i agree it was reallygood kept me reading!

on May. 15 2010 at 11:49 am
Shadowsscream BRONZE, Grand Rapids, Michigan

Yay ^^

Wow !!! That Was A Good Story..Keep Up The Good Work !!!