Haunting Her This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

It had been a week since he died, a week, though it seemed longer. But it had been a week – the calender on the wall proved it.

She placed her finger on the current date, then moved it up to the day he had died, then one space over to the day he had started … started what? What was the right word? “Haunting her” seemed to fit, but at the same time it didn't. He had always been so caring; he would never have tried to hurt her or scare her. But he was scaring her, she was scared of the way she would feel his presence, feel that he was in the room with her, without seeing or hearing him.

She did hear him sometimes, after she had already felt him there. He would linger in the darkness, before whispering the same words every time: “You didn't save me.”

“I tried to,” she would attempt to say, but the words always caught in her throat, and he would leave before she found her voice.

She ran her finger over the stitched-up cut above her right eye, remembering how it had bled all over him as she was trying to save him. She had begged him not to die, but he had. He had looked into her eyes and whispered her name weakly, just before his heart stopped beating. He had been so weak, he didn't know she had tried to save him. And she couldn't tell him this; he always left ­before she found her voice. He left. Why did he keep leaving?

AshhKel said...
Jul. 24 at 3:26 am
This is so brilliant. So short, yet so amazing! I'm in awe

NataleeIreneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is so hauntingly beautiful! Please continue the story!

vballgirl99 said...
This is brilliant! I just want you to tell us the background and the ending!! What happens next?

vballgirl99 said...

KittyKitty said...
can you post what happend next... Plz!!!

Luv2Scribble said...
That was really good! I really want to know what happens!!

Thief_of_your_heart said...
I sooooooo want to read more! You did great! 

Alon_Freevoice said...
I love, love, love this. Oh, wait! What happened?

I wanna read more :)))

RubyRed123 said...
I think that a good writer makes the reader want more, and thats exactly what you did! Keep it up I loved it! :)

LovelyMiss This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 31, 2011 at 8:57 am
Omg!! i loved this so much!!:) how i want more too!

soccergirl23 said...
May 13, 2011 at 10:13 am
This was amazing. I want more. Just reading this gives me goosebumps. Please continue.. i wanna know what happened to him

LoveeU said...
This is soooo good. Makes me wanna read more, keeps me wondering "how'd he die?" "what happened next?" lol I likee this.

Amarajo said...
May 2, 2011 at 1:15 am
Who is "He"?

haha4579 said...
Its so chilling tough so sweet! Love it!!!!!!!

Mykaela V. said...
i love this story     there has to be another       how did he die

HelloLove37 said...

I want more! This was amazing, it left me speechless..

luckyducky4This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 20, 2010 at 11:52 am
i agree with animal girl , seriously, and i love the last sentence!!

AnimalGirl said...
Nov. 21, 2010 at 12:58 am
amazing... i cant think of anything else to say about it... ...wow...

Bonnybiedz said...
Nov. 16, 2010 at 1:34 am
WoW...this is wonderful.....

COEURDARKO said...
Wonderful. Your style of writing is truly magnificent, very good! I have a request...can you please check One Cold Morning? But that was only part of the plead, the other one is: A PROPOSAL FOR BOTH OF US TO WORK TOGETHER IN AN EPIC PIECE, that's if you deem me worthy enough. Or maybe we can make this fun, by having a contest. Our comrades will be the judjes,