Monster

I run faster. My heart pounding as fast as my lungs. IT's gonna catch up to me at any moment. What kills me is the anxiety, I don't know when IT will catch up to me, I just know IT will. Maybe I should just stop completely, let IT win, I'll die in the end regaurdless of what I do. But no, I have to fight, it's all I have left, even if I already know the ending.
The rapid thumping of feet hitting the pavement behind me only fuel me to run faster. I'm choking on my own breath and I have no idea where I'm headed. The street lights only illuminate what they want me to see, which isn't much.
I round the corner, my eyes half shut. There was nothing to live for anyway, right? I open my eyes and nearly trip at a dead stop, looking straight into the eyes of IT.
Every light flicks on and I'm face to face with the monster. Those electric, round blue eyes, hiding such a past. Those long, black spiral curls, masking such a terror. That perfect set of pink lips, used to speak so many lies.
She smiles that grin, evil behind something so gorgeous. How could it be possible? I hate her. She ruined me, she changed me, she made me do things I never wanted to. With all my might, I hurl my fist at her while she stands there, laughing. Again and again, I'll never stop. But for some reason...
the mirror doesn't shatter.

GingerSnap said...
This was increadible! I had no idea it would turn out the way it did, great job!

takeitasitis said...
Dude... awesome! The ending was just... miraculous. So interesting and... kick ass. Loved it!

Mykaela V. said...
i love this story and it so true the biggest monster in our lives is our selves.