Monster | Teen Ink

Monster

By makemelegendary BRONZE, Prescott Valley, Arizona
makemelegendary BRONZE, Prescott Valley, Arizona

"Open your eyes, look within. Are you happy with the life you're living?" -Bob Marley

I run faster. My heart pounding as fast as my lungs. IT's gonna catch up to me at any moment. What kills me is the anxiety, I don't know when IT will catch up to me, I just know IT will. Maybe I should just stop completely, let IT win, I'll die in the end regaurdless of what I do. But no, I have to fight, it's all I have left, even if I already know the ending.
The rapid thumping of feet hitting the pavement behind me only fuel me to run faster. I'm choking on my own breath and I have no idea where I'm headed. The street lights only illuminate what they want me to see, which isn't much.
I round the corner, my eyes half shut. There was nothing to live for anyway, right? I open my eyes and nearly trip at a dead stop, looking straight into the eyes of IT.
Every light flicks on and I'm face to face with the monster. Those electric, round blue eyes, hiding such a past. Those long, black spiral curls, masking such a terror. That perfect set of pink lips, used to speak so many lies.
She smiles that grin, evil behind something so gorgeous. How could it be possible? I hate her. She ruined me, she changed me, she made me do things I never wanted to. With all my might, I hurl my fist at her while she stands there, laughing. Again and again, I'll never stop. But for some reason...
the mirror doesn't shatter.

My first piece ever submitted. I sorta just wrote it based on an old recurring nightmare. It has a bit of a personal meaning to me. Hope you like it!

GingerSnap BRONZE, Old Hickory, Tennessee
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Dont bite off what you cant chew

This was increadible! I had no idea it would turn out the way it did, great job!

takeitasitis said...
takeitasitis, Lakeville, Pennsylvania

Life may cause you to suffer, but you can learn a lot from pain.

Dude... awesome! The ending was just... miraculous. So interesting and... kick ass. Loved it!

m_daddy BRONZE said...
m_daddy BRONZE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
i love this story and it so true the biggest monster in our lives is our selves.