Never After

Everyone thinks that just because you are rich you’ll get your happily ever after, well; I’ve got news for those people, money isn’t everything, especially if money does not buy you immortality. Most of you have figured out by now that I am rich. My father owns Mursali Enterprises, which he inherited from his father and his before him and so on. I am the daughter of Renée and Damien Mursali. I am also the sister of the famous Neil Hilson or I should say I was.

You see my brother Neil was killed 10 months ago and they still have not caught the murderer. You’d think that for someone so famous and respected they would have caught the murderer by now. Seriously what has the glorious United Sates of America come to? Police officers and investigators are supposed to give it their all when it comes to an unsolved crime, but so far nothing, zip, nadda.

My brother’s death was so devastating that my mother and father had to get away from all the memories.

So here we are in Westchester in my great ant’s Victorian style house. (A.K.A the middle of nowhere, and I mean that literally.)

There’s the lively part of Westchester where the mall, libraries, and restaurants are and then there is the old Westchester, where grandparents live. There is nothing but trees and more trees. Do not get me wrong but it is a relief getting away from L.A.’s hectic life, but ever since Neil’s death all I’ve wanted is revenge, and since the police and our P.I. couldn’t do anything, I’ve started a little sleuthing myself.

I’ve done some research on what Neil did and who he came in contact with before his death. So far, I‘ve gotten it down to 5 suspects. My 18 year old cousin (Maddie), my ex-boyfriend (Logan), Blaire, Pierre Delaini (Neil’s ex-publicist), and my sister-in-law, Taly. How did I narrow it down to five people, you ask? Well, simple. The ones with a motive (and the guts) were easy to pick out.

Tonight I’m going to invite them over. It’s the best day because my parents are going away for two days. So I’m locking myself and a possible killer in a large mansion, in the middle of nowhere. No I’m not crazy.

“DING DONG.” Damn that bell was loud. I quickly ran down the stairs and opened the door. It was Logan and Blaire...... holding hands. Hmmm didn’t know they were dating. “Hey, come on in.” I said as I moved back. Blaire smiled thinly, and Logan held up a box of pizza. “I bought dinner.” He says. They walked down the hall and into the living room. Just then, the bell rang, again. “Make yourself at home; I’ll be just a minute.” I said and then without waiting for an answer I ran to get the door. It was none other then……

Jenna B. said...
May 9, 2010 at 10:06 am
ahh dont stop now, I have to know what happens! haha

dawnangel replied...
May 10, 2010 at 11:41 am
I was actualy just going to leave it as a cliff hanger but during 1st pd. i started writing the ending.

joshine said...
hahaha! It's like the written dtory version of CLUE! I like it! ^_^

sweetiecow said...
That was awesome, even if it was only a part of it! I love it.

Kasumi said...

So far so great! 

I really like the start of the story, but that just may be because I can relate to the main character. ^^