Vamps. | Teen Ink

Vamps.

By ipromisee SILVER, Oxford, New Jersey
ipromisee SILVER, Oxford, New Jersey

i will fight for you until your heart stops beating. <33

Chapter one

I woke up from my nightmare. Sweat streaming down my face, my hands clutching my chest. I scanned my purple room, nothing was wrong. Reaching my other hand to my nightstand, I grabbed my glasses. Putting them on, everything was more clearly. I turned on my lamp, filling my dark room with light. I couldn’t believe what I dreamt. It made me question some things. I will have to clear my mind, and get everything out. I turned off my light and fell back into a deep sleep.

I woke up the next morning. The sunshine lighting up my room, through my little window on the opposite side of my bed. I quickly jumped out of my bed, and got dressed. I was wearing my lime green t-shirt with yellow stripes, and my black skinny jeans with my old converse. My mother was waiting for me when I walked down stairs into the kitchen. She had a bowl of cereal on the table. I sat down pulling my backpack close by my chair, so when I leave its quick and easy. I can still remember my dream, but I know I’ll forget it at school. I heard the bus driver beep the horn of the bus. I took one more scoop of cereal then headed for the door, with my backpack in my hand.

Two minutes later the bus filled with rowdy teenagers was in the front parking lot at my school. I quickly jumped off the steps to the concrete. I held my book bag tight, and I headed for the front door of the school. When I got to the stairs, my best friend, Lola, was waiting for me with her hair in a pony tail, with a flower stringed by her bangs.

“Hey, Alice! What’s up?” she asked with a humungous smile painted on her face.

“Hi!” I replied looking down at my old sneakers. When I looked up she had a frown.

“What?” I questioned not knowing what she was mad about.

“Well, I’m just wondering! Why have you’ve been a downer since Monday. Something has been bothering you for three days. What’s wrong? Plus look at me while I’m talking to you! Ha!” she punched me in my shoulder.

“Um… it’s just that I learned something about me over the weekend, and I’m just trying to figure it out!” I responded rubbing my hurt shoulder.

“Well, you can tell me! I’m your best friend!” she yelled.

“Nope! I can’t even tell you! That’s how bad it is!” I said.

“Oh!” she said. I knew she was sad, but I just couldn’t tell her my secret. The secret was so secretive my parents don’t even know. The secret was that I recently found out I was a vampire. Weird, right? I thought they were mythical, but I guess not. I have no idea how I’m even a vampire. I can’t even say it or think it without getting a shiver down my spine. It’s weird I have to admit that.

“Well…. Let’s start heading to class then!” she stated opening the door.

Eight hours of school was torture, but I was glad that Lola wasn’t asking me any question about the “vampire” thing. She still had no clue, and that was great. I walked through my front door at home, dropped my book bag, and jogged upstairs. I lied on my bed, and smothered my face into my pillow. I soon fell asleep.

“ALICE!!!!!!!! Wake up, Guppy!” said my little sister, Leah, bursting into my room. “Guppy” that was her nickname for me, I don’t know why. I wiped my light brown eyes, and followed Leah. It was dinner time, and I was not hungry for food. I was worried, my parents would find out that something was wrong. For dinner it was my favorite food, mashed potatoes and steak. I couldn’t eat it, I had thirst for blood.

i really love vaampirees <33333

iloveyuhh said...
i personally loved this. Please write more. i really like this story so far, and would love to read more. :)

lalaland said...
it was greaT!!! LOVE THE STORYYYYYYY WRITEEEEEE MOREEEE!!!! AHAHA.