The Vampire

I lean over to rest my elbows on the window sill and avert my troubled gaze over to the long stretch of hills obstructing the late evening sunset on the horizon.
I sigh loudly, fogging up the cool glass I rest my forehead on. My vision is impared, so turn I the latch and let the cool evening breeze softly whip at my cheeks and play with my wavy hair. I feel goosebumps appear on my arms and neck; but i know that it isn’t from the cold. I feel as if I am being watched. I ignore the feeling; I have bigger things to worry about.
I hear the soft brush my door makes when it is being opened. My entire body freezes. A calm, deep voice tells me I musn’t scream. I obey. I carefully turn my head. There, in the doorway to my room, stands a dark, cloaked figure. Underneath the thick cover of the cloak, I see that the person is wearing average clothes. I think it is one of my brothers friends pulling a prank on me.
Suddenly, my head feels unnaturally heavy and my eyelids slam shut as i hit my bedroom floor.
Cold, hard hands firmly grip my bare shoulders, bringing me out of my conciousness, and I feel two sharp-pointed needles carefully piercing the side of my neck. I gasp as the right side of my body explodes into spasms of firery pain, withering as the agony takes over my helpless body...

DeeBear1982 said...

You are so gracious while everyone is asking you to look at their work, i guess i understand why they do it...

anyway, i love yours it says so little but still so much, i do however wish there was more, im sucker for a good vampire story and it only helped because your detail was amazing. have you written anything else? i would love to read it!

Lexi-pex replied...
thank you so much!! : )

Lexi-pex replied...
i have written some other stuff for teen ink, and i was looking for some of your work to read, but i couldn't find any... : )

vampiresrock said...
Jan. 5, 2011 at 10:32 am
nice! i loved it! very, very good! Kudos!

Lexi-pex replied...
thank you! : )

GuitarRockstar This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 5, 2011 at 4:35 am

wow thats a good article! its simply written and thats the beauty of it!

ps check out my article "hysteria"..

Lexi-pex replied...
thank you, and I'll definitely check your out! : )

teen_queen said...

A million times wow! I loved it! 

Hey, please check out my story, Love or Drama (It's called Love or Romance but its supposed to be called Love or Drama), also the chapter where Brittney arrives in seattle and meets nikki, matt and kim is chapter 2. The chapter where they all talk about stephanie is chapter 3. TeenInk.com/fiction/romance/article/228711/Love-or-Drama-Chapter-2/.

Lexi-pex replied...
Aug. 28, 2010 at 3:22 am
thank you!" that sounds great! i'd love to check out your work : )

elfiewrites said...
WOW! That is all I can find words to say. This is wayyyyyy better than the Twilight books. Please, if you get the chance, give me feedback on my work too. Much appreciated! Keep on writing!

Lexi-pex replied...
Apr. 18, 2010 at 2:44 am
thank you! and yes, i'll look at your work  : )