Escape | Teen Ink

Escape

By Katipia BRONZE, Amelia, Ohio
Katipia BRONZE, Amelia, Ohio

Have you ever stood on the edge,
wondering if you were going to fall?
Have you ever closed your eyes...
and jumped off?

There was something not quite right about the condominium complex. I could feel it in the air, sense unwanted shadows in the foreboding darkness. Yet I ignored my intuition, primarily because of the man beside me.

A strange trust had formed inside of me because of a mere beachside chat, and an invitation to tea. That, and the fact that he was extremely good-looking, and I was so desperate at the time.

But now as I turned to look into his eyes, I found that he had changed. He was hiding something, holding back, his jaws clenched as if he were trying to contain himself. All my attempts at conversation had failed as he led me into his condo. All he uttered was a gruff, “Here it is,” when we reached the door, his voice so different from the voice of the man that had chatted so casually with me on the beach.

The door clicked behind us, as if he were locking me in. Before I had been a bit weary, but now panic rose in my throat. As the man silently brewed the tea, I glanced around the room frantically, looking for possible exits, noting the probability of successes. There appeared to be no escape. But just as I about threw myself into a full panic, I spotted a door in the corner of the room. It was built like the front door, metal and pained black, with the same key-lock. I was about to bolt when I heard a woman shrieking, horrible cries of agony and fear. I froze with horror, as the wailing drew nearer. I closed my eyes tightly, waiting for the screams to cease. After what seemed like an eternity, they faded into a whimper, and then stopped all together. I shakily opened my eyes, telling myself that whatever had happened, I could handle it.

But nothing could have prepared me for what I found. There, on the kitchen floor, was a lifeless young woman, torn apart into something almost inhuman. I gasped in fear, bile rising in my throat. The world seemed to spin around me as I stared, examining the body as if there was something about it that I recognized. The familiar brown hair, the small stature, the slim curves…my eyes widened in shock, my lips opening in a ear-splitting scream. I knew who she was. That woman…that woman was me.

This is my first attempt at horror.

on Mar. 12 2011 at 9:29 pm
yourworstnightmare BRONZE, Sioux Falls, South Dakota

The best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing. (Teddy Roosevelt)

This was really amazing, especially for it being your first attempt. It really makes me want to know what happened. Great job!

Phoenixx GOLD said...
on Sep. 17 2010 at 7:38 pm
Phoenixx GOLD, Toronto, Other
WHOA!!! very nice way to end it :D

Dayani BRONZE said...
on Apr. 15 2010 at 9:44 pm
Dayani BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada

If you cant trust a homie, you cant trust no one.....
If you try and dont success try again and if you still dont succeed maybe you aren't trying hard enough
Its hard work that gets you stuff but its inspiration that pushes you

lol i was about to say if you like the real ones :)

Katipia BRONZE said...
on Apr. 15 2010 at 9:48 am
Katipia BRONZE, Amelia, Ohio

Have you ever stood on the edge,
wondering if you were going to fall?
Have you ever closed your eyes...
and jumped off?

Thanks! And I sure will check it out. I love out-of-body experiances. Well...writing about them at least. I am sure I would be freaked out if I actually had one! XD

Dayani BRONZE said...
on Apr. 14 2010 at 10:40 pm
Dayani BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada

For your first attempt its great :) i thought it was gonna be a relative or something but the fact it was her was better. Omg write more :D if you get a chance read and comment Potion Room l