Frostbite

My cold winter eyes stared off into the woods where I belonged. My heart and soul belonged to winter. When people saw me they knew I had an exotic beauty of the pale winter chill. When others felt my skin they thought I had a temperature problem because I felt like ice, but I don't have a problem at all. That's how my body is. They always say my hands feel like ice and that I should go by a heater to warm them up, but it honestly doesn't bother me.
The winter was here and it was brisk with still air.
"Holly, are you almost ready?" Justin called to me.
"Yeah, almost. I'll be right there," I said as I slipped into my shimmery white bikini and pulled cloths over it.
I walked into the living room where there was a fire blazing and Justin waiting for me by the big back French doors. I took my bag with me with our towels in it.
"Let's go." Justin said a little bit impatiently as he grabbed my hand.
"Okay, Okay I'm ready."
We stepped out into my back yard that was lightly covered with snow. We set off into the woods to find our secret spot. Little dustings of snow fell from the trees above us and fell upon my frosty, satin lips.
Justin and I stayed silent most of the time as we walked hand in hand. I looked up at him and seeing his bright amber eyes wandering and his cheeks blushing. I knew his cheeks weren't kissed from winter's chill, because winter is a part of him too.
"Why are you blushing?" I asked simply.
"I'm just thinking," he responded nervously.
"What are you thinking?"
"I'll tell you later."
"Why not now?"
"I want to save it until later, but I promise I'll tell you." He squeezed my hand
I didn't press any further and decided to let it drop until he was ready to tell me. He slowed his pace and stopped at the holly bush. I love holly with its winter green sharp leaves and bright berries. I thought they were beautiful. He let go of my hand for a second while he broke off a piece of holly. Justin turned toward me, brushed a piece of my chocolate colored hair from my face and tucked it behind my ear and placed the holly there.
He said nothing as he took my hand back in his and felt the corners of my mouth rise.
"What is that?" I said suddenly hearing a noise from above
Looking up I saw two white doves gliding through the trees together.
Finding our steps again, we were almost there. Our special secret place, that was so far from reality and just for us. I made this place years ago. I wanted somewhere to come and be alone and for it to be my secret.
The low trickling sound of the stream greeted us. We approached the small cave and lake. I stepped into the cavern that overhung the lake, placed the bag down and sat on a rock. Justin took his sweatshirt, sweatpants and boots off and stood there in his swim trunks and I did the same.
"Holly." Justin took a deep breath
"Yea?"
"I want to talk to you. I really like you and we are both winter people and I think we belong together, but that's just how I feel. I felt this way for a long time but didn't want to ruin what we have." His eyes didn't meet mine.
"Really? I've always felt the same way. I always felt that connection between us." I took his hand and kissed him on the cheek.
We made our way to the ledge and jumped into the frostbitten lake. Cold exploded through me and felt amazing. My blood was on fire rushing through my body. We swam intertwined in each other. My head surfaced with my eyes and fore head showing. I went to the edge of the lake, and in the distance I heard footsteps in the woods. My blood stopped short. No one came in these woods. They are forbidden and on my property.
I felt Justin's arms wrap around me, and his breath in my ear.
"What do you hear?"
"Listen. There are footsteps. Some one is here."
"Who? No one comes in these woods."
"I don't know, but whoever it is they'll pay." I sent a frosted wind through the woods.
"What should we do?"
"Be alert and if they come just follow my lead."
Justin nodded, took my hand and swept me into his arms...
Later I saw the silhouette of a girl coming toward us. I grabbed Justin quickly.
"Just follow me." I whispered as he felt my thoughts.
I emerged from the lake with water drops clinging to me. Approaching the girl, my feet swept through the snow. I saw her warm brown eyes look us over.
"Who are you?" she asked
"The question is who are you? These woods are forbidden."
"I'm sorry, I'm lost and I don't know how to get out."
I said nothing and just stared at her.
"Aren't you freezing? You're in bathing suits in the middle of winter." She practically threw her jacket off for us.
"The water is warm, it's a spring. It feels good in the winter." I told her.
"Really?"
"Yeah, you look like you're freezing right now. You should jump in and warm up."
"That would feel great right about now." She looked excited.
"Go ahead."
The girl took her big fluffy jacket, her sweatshirt and boots off, and was just standing in a t-shirt and leggings.
I grinned and waited to watch her jump into the icy water.
The girl stood at the edge of the lake and looked back at us.
"Aren't you coming in?"
"We will be there in a minute."
"Okay."
She turned and jumped into what she thought was a warm spring, but really was a frozen lake. To us it was warm, but I knew she'd freeze. That's what she got for trespassing on our property.
Screams filled the air. The girl's head came to the surface, gasping for air.
"HELP HELP!!"
Justin put his arm around me and watched the girl sink to the bottom. Later we'd get her out and dispose of her.
We went to the cave, dried off and made our way back to my house to sit in front of the fire, drink hot chocolate, lay in each others arms, and enjoy the pure winter day.

smurf1128 said...
Tht was pretty sweet. Lol. Creepy. I like creepy.

Kat2292 said...
May 2, 2010 at 8:50 pm:
Once again, another impressive article. I'm impressed with your writing style and originality! This is one of my favorites :)

Basketball4everr replied...
May 6, 2010 at 9:27 am :
thankks :) i also like your writing style

writergirl13 said...
Wow!!!!! I think I just found another reason why I don't like winter and snow. SO good!

Basketball4everr replied...
Apr. 28, 2010 at 5:14 pm :
haha thank u :)

JacobC said...
Creepy, but good.

ZAVERY said...
I really love the description and typical writing. Nice job!

hootowl4 said...
great diologe but the ending was kinda unexpeted, chek out my stuff if you have a chance.

haheyuejsj said...
that was horribble. i  mean it was a great story but they killed her!!!!!!

Basketball4everr said...
Heyy i hope you enjoyed my story! I'd love feedback- thankss :)