Full of Mystery: Chapter 6 | Teen Ink

Full of Mystery: Chapter 6

By Khia_A. PLATINUM, Sicily Island, Louisiana
Khia_A. PLATINUM, Sicily Island, Louisiana

Stay who you are no matter what you face along the way.

Obedience started to think. It had been days since I had seen my mother. She was locked away in the hospital that only wanted to protect her. She was there for reasons and to keep her from breaking down. She was sickening to look at and I couldn’t stand the smell of her urinating on herself. She was really sick. I had to leave. I walked down the steps speaking to doctors on their way upstairs. It was night and I knew I had to leave. I missed my brother a lot ever since he had passed. I wished he was here now. I walked through the woods so I could have a lot of thinking time. I heard footsteps but blew it off as animals.

I heard a large boom as a bullet pierced through my arm. I felt the pain fly through my arm. “Who wants to shoot me?” I screamed as I got up and ran away. I ran as fast as I could as blood dripped behind me. I felt them gaining on me and I ran faster. I turned to look as I tripped over a tree root. I fell head first and turned to see my shooters walking toward me. “Why me? Lord, just tell me why!” I said with fear in my voice. I looked up to see a man standing in the bushes calling the police. I looked at my attacker. “Tell your brother, his girlfriend may be next!” I heard one last boom before my vision went blank.

~

Amari woke up at the sound of her phone ringing. It was 2:30 in the morning. I receive a call from the hospital. Someone had shot Innocent in the woods. I was flying to get there as quickly as I could. I need to see her. I wanted to be with her. I made it there in a matter of minutes. I ran through the room as Cameryon grabbed me. “I saw her murder,” he whispered to me. I went to the room to see the doctors removing her from life support and her mother on the side of her bed crying. “Why lord? Why did you take my babies?” I heard her yell.
I ran to the room and saw her face was blue and she was bleeding rapidly from her head. I broke down as Cameryon caught me. I cried in his arms and watched my sister’s lifeless body lay on the emergency room table. “It’s going to be alright,” he whispered to me as he led me out the room. The police were standing by the door as we exited. He walked me down as one of his colleague said, “Cute girlfriend doctor.” He smiled and continued to head to the door. He put me in the passenger seat and drove me home. I cried the whole way. I knew who did it. “How did it happen?” I asked him. He let out a large breath and his story started.

“You told me to watch her. I did. She started off walking. I saw a girl with short hair and dark skin walk behind her. She didn’t see her until the first shot that hit her in the arm. I called 911 as I ran behind them. A second girl appeared with large brown hair. She walked up to your sister after she fell. She said something to her and your sister looked over to me and saw me on the phone. That was when they shot her in the head and ran away.” Cameryon told me.

“I know who killed my sister and you could help me prove it,” I said to him through my tears. We arrived home and I stopped talking. I cried more in my room. Cam never left my side. He stayed there holding me through the night and through the morning. I know I felt someone watching over me.

I finally knew how I would be safe with someone else. I thought about how happy Justin would be to know I am happy and safe. I know it was him watching over me. I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

~

I woke up still in Cameryon’s arms. He was watching the DiscoveryC and looked at me when I started to wake up. “Good morning sleepy head,” he said smiling at me. I got up and put on some shorts and a shirt. “Where are you going gorgeous?” he asked me. I sniffed and said, “My fiancée’s grave.” He smiled and got up so he could drive me to Same Town Cemetery.

We arrived in a few minutes. He held my hand as we looked for Justin’s grave. We found it soon. I placed the red and black roses on his grave. I realized I was going to be alright without him even though I am weakened by him leaving so early. I placed our engagement ring around one of the stems on the flowers. I wanted to forgive him for all he had done for me and my family. He would still hold a special place in my heart. I wanted him to say he loved me one more time.

I looked up to see him standing over his own grave. I shivered back to look at me. He grabbed my hand and helped me up. I was in a phase of amazement. I thought I was dreaming. “You are not dreaming precious,” he whispered to me. I smiled as some tears started to roll down. “What? Wait! How is this possible?” I asked him.

He smiled as he took my hand and lead me away. “I haven’t crossed over to heaven. My soul has not been put to rest. I want to explain my death to you,” he explained lightly to me.

I sat down on a rock as he stood beside me. “I know who killed me,” he whispered. My mind wondered to different places. I knew who killed him. I knew who wanted him dead. “She killed me,” he said pointing towards my way before he disappeared into the background. I was afraid as chills passed down my spine. “Who would do such of a thing to someone who never meant to hurt them in their whole life? She is so freaking evil,” I screamed loudly.

Cameryon heard me screaming. “I saw the ghost baby. Did he hurt you any?” he said protecting me from someone who was there to solve murders and help me. I started to cry. “That was my fiancée and he told me who killed him. I know who killed my soul mate.” He held me harder as I collapsed in his strong arms. He sat me down on the rocks and held me tight for the rest of the time I was crying. I wanted Justin to hold me like this again. I wanted him to wrap his arms around me. I don’t know what came over me, but before I knew it, I was kissing Cameryon on his lips.

I felt guilty after but it felt like I was kissing Justin instead. When we finished I heard his voice whispered, “Cameryon is a good guy. Go for it precious.” I smiled and continued what we were doing.

~

I smiled at Danielle as we started to plan Amari’s murder. “Who would want her dead the people would ask,” she said snickering afterwards. I burst into laughter knowing she is the only person who knows we are the killers. We laughed together before turning off the TV and going to sleep.