Seal My Fate

I looked over the slip of paper one more time, rubbing my eyes. I turned pale. "No," I whispered.
"I'm sorry, ma'am, this is all that he gave us.
"But..."
"He vanished. No one can find him. We think one of his enemies might have... you see, we think."
"No," I screamed. "He's just on a trip. You'll see when he comes back, you'll see." He man left in a hurry, disturbed by my sobs and rants. John couldn't be gone. I remembered the last thing he said to me before he left for work.
"Mary, my love, may I have your picture?"
"Why, of course. But..."
"I want a picture, for my desk," Something tells me that wasn't the reason, but I forked it over anyways.He thanked me, gave me a quickkiss, and was out the door. According to this letter, that was the last time I would ever see him again. They thought his brother's friend had killed him. The police were interrogating him. Was it any use?
The next day, I couldn't get out of bed. The doorbell rand twice, but I ignored it. But, on the fifth time, I trudged down the stairs. I flung open the door demadning: "What do you want?" I was talking to air. Instead, there was a package. I opened the letter on top of it.
"Mary, please, I don't have much time left. My brother's friend, Michael Smith, tried to kill me. I'm in hiding, but I can't stay much longer. Come to the place where the earth mets the sky. I will be waiting for you. You will seal my fate. -John

taylorf463 said...

This is REALLY good! It leaves you comepletely on edge and ready for more! I can not wait to see how this comes out! :)

Btw, will you check out some of my stuff? please!

Laughternchoclate said...

I really wanna read the rest of this! You have me on edge :) 

More please!

Authorgal98 replied...
I will! Thank you, my smile's a mile wide (pleas eigonre the terrible cliche) Did i spell that right?