Storm Filled Nights

Skies fade to gray and lover’s hearts are broken as the sun disappears. Tears are shed but will be dry by the morning light. Darkness brings a Hellish world to our homes and hearts. Creatures of which we only meet in our nightmares come alive as they dance around us with evil laughter. Children cry out into the emptiness but we cannot reach them. We try to save them but at last we can’t, we must wait until their cries of agony end. We are again alone. The silence is so much; we hear ringing in our ears. The quiet drives us mad, we try to escape but there’s nowhere to go, nowhere to run. There is no light, only complete and utter blackness. How much time has passed? When will dawn emerge and chase away all of these terrors? The pounding sound of rain echoes in the empty room. Thunder booms and lightning strikes, we look for a hand to hold but as we reach out we only feel the thick, chocking air. We find our way to a small window and peer out into the dark, shadowed yard. We see strange move quickly and we jump back with shock. The night seems as if it will never come to an end. We close our eyes but no comfort comes. Voices begin to scream in our heads to the point that we begin to scream ourselves. Our faces are soaked with tears and the room is bitterly cold.

NewGirl118 said...
I think this article was very strong and deep. It was very well written, and it made me read it a coule of times to get the understanding of what was being said. Nice job Makayra