Angels of Death Part 4 | Teen Ink

Angels of Death Part 4

March 11, 2010
By Dougie SILVER, Waynesburg, Ohio
Dougie SILVER, Waynesburg, Ohio
6 articles 0 photos 1 comment

“Alright. Well, do you have plans for the rest of the day?” she asked.
“Nope. I’ll just go sit in the recliner.”
“Good.”
He sits in the recliner and watches TV. Then he hears three knocks on the door. “Honey. Can you get that?” Ethan asks.
“I’m in the kitchen. You’re closer.”
“No I’m not,” he said.
“Ethan! Just answer it.”
“Fine” he says. He grumbles and walks to door. He opens the door and sees a little girl standing there with a wagon full of colorful boxes.
“Would you like to buy some Girlscout Cookies? They’re yummy.” She said.
“How old are you?” Ethan asked.
“I’m five in a half,” she said with much pride.
“Well. Five and a half, eh? Come in. Come in.” he said, ushering her inside. Maybe since she’s still young, she wouldn’t have asked God for forgiveness yet. “So……do you want some chocolate? I’ll buy all those boxes if you have a chocolate bar and some tea with me and my wife.
“OK.” She says as her eyes light up.
“Good. Come in the kitchen.” Ethan says. They walk in the kitchen and Ethan pours 3 glasses of hot tea. In one of the glasses, he puts sleeping pills in and stirs the tea until it is fully dissolved. He turns and gives that glass to the girl. Him and Olivia drink the other two. The Girlscout instantly feels so much more tired.
“Here. Have a candy bar.” Ethan says.
Olivia whispers “What are you doing? We don’t even have candy bars.”
“Um…….yeah we do. Why don’t you go for a walk, get some fresh air.”
“No. You’re up to no good and I know it. Now let’s go into the living room and you can explain everything that’s going on.”
“Fine go in there and I’ll be there in a minute.”
“You have thirty seconds.
“OK.” Olivia walks in the living room and Ethan grabs some laxative and hands it to the girl. “Make sure you eat it all.” He says to her. “We don’t want it to go to waste.”
“OK,” she says as she yawns.
Ethan walks into the living room. “So……..what do you want to talk about?” he asked.
“I want to know what you’ve been doing all day, and I want the truth.
“I’ve been out. That’s all.
So Betty’s death has nothing to do with you?
“No” he lied. He looked at the floor.
“I know you’re lying. You always look at the floor when you lie. Tell me the truth.”
“Well, I had another dream. It said that I was supposed to Torture to death the people I kill. It said I was gonna die soon unless I do this. I am not going to die.”
“How many did you kill?”
“Two.”
“Who were they?”
“Betty and some boy in Canton. He tried to steal from me.”
“And you tortured them both?”
“Yeah, I guess.”
“Well I’m not gonna let you do this any longer. Three more to kill, kill me and you and some one else.”
“I’m kinda in the process of killing that girl in there.”
“Her? Why? She’s so cute and innocent.”
“Well, therefore she would be too young to ask God for forgiveness an I will be doing good.”
“Not really.”
“Let me kill her. Then I’ll kill two others and we can live happily ever after, just like a fairy tale.”
“Not if we’re on the run.”
“From the fuzz?”
“Yeah…uh…….don’t say that again. It’s weird. Anyways don’t do this. Do you really believe that this is what God wants?”
“Yeah, seeing that it’s him in my dream.”
“What if it’s not.”
“It is. Hello,” he knocks on her head “Who’s the reverend here?”
“You are.”
“That’s right. Let me do this and we’ll be forgiven.”
“Fine. Go ahead and kill that innocent girl, but I want no part in it.”
“Thanks. You won’t regret it.”
He walks back into the kitchen and sees the girlscout sitting at the table with her head laying on the table. She is sleeping. Ethan runs outside and grabs the chains in the garage. He walks back inside and ties the girl up. He carries her upstairs and places her in the bathtub with her face next to the drain. He left her there and goes back downstairs.
“Don’t go in the upstairs bathroom.”
“Why not”
“Because the girl is in the tub with the runs, chained.”
“What’s the purpose of that?”
“Well, eventually, with the amount of laxatives I gave her, the tub will fill with enough diarrhea to drown her.”
“You are mental. I don’t even know you anymore.”
Then the fireplace burst into flames and a face appear in the flames. The voice from the dreams spoke saying “Ethan and Olivia. You have been sentenced to Hell as the last two tortured In the sinners who went against God’s Ten Commandments. You must step through the flames of Hell and work for me for All Eternity.”
“But I didn’t torture anyone.” Olivia said.
“Yes. Well you didn’t call the police to turn him in or anything so therefore you are a sinner just the same.
“But I thought God wanted this.” Ethan cried.
“Yes, well you were wrong. I wanted this. So step forward into the flames of Hell and be my immortal slaves.”
Olivia weep and sniffle as they step into the fire. When they are in Hell, all they can see is darkness and all they hear is Satan’s cackle and the jingle of chains. They feel fire but it’s too dark to see it.
In their house, the girl dies and the house burst into flames because of the gateway to Hell.


The author's comments:
This is the end of the thrilling story.