The School Robbery | Teen Ink

The School Robbery

March 8, 2010
By lachicamascool BRONZE, Lubbock, Texas
lachicamascool BRONZE, Lubbock, Texas
2 articles 0 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
"To act or not to act... what a stupid question!"


“I know you did it. So, fess up know and endure less consequences.” I said sternly to the girl. She shivered in the cold closet, her pupils the size of nits from the bright light. “I-I-I….” she stuttered.
“You what?”
Let’s back up a bit shall we. I’m Jenna James A.K.A J J. I’m a detective. I help kids out with their problems. Last week I got my biggest case yet.

RIIIIING! RINNNNNG! It’s my line. “I’ll get it!” I yell to my mom. “Hello.”
“Hi, are you Jenna James?” asks the voice quivering.
“Yes, this is! How can I be of service?”
“I am Kimberly Triad and I need your help. On Friday of last week I went to my friend’s sleepover.
“Hold up,” I said. “Who is this friend?”
“She asked I keep her identity a secret, if you don’t mind.” She said.
“No, it’s fine, carry on.”
When we were playing board games, the lights suddenly went out. Everyone started running around. When the lights came back on, there was an eerie feeling in the air. Suddenly, I heard a scream coming from a girl. It was our host. Her most prized possession had disappeared!”

“And what was this prized possession?” I questioned.

“It was her great-grandmother’s pearl necklace. It has been in her family for 100 years. It’s irreplaceable. Can you help her find it?” she asked in a dreadful voice.

“I’ll see what I can do. Ask your friend if she can gather up everyone that was at the sleepover and we’ll go from there.”
“Oh, thank you so much!” she said.




----------------------------------
“Okay, you girls are gathered here because a terrible incident happened on the night of your last sleepover. Your friend had something stolen, something very valuable. If you know what I’m talking about, please stand.”
No one stands. Great. “Okay, I guess we will do it the hard way. One at a time, each of you will come in this room,” I gesture. “And we will have an interview. When I found out who did it, I will tell you. Let’s begin. Who wants to go first?” No one volunteers. I grab a girls arm. “Okay, let’s go.”

10 minutes later, we go back in the room. “It’s not her.” I declare.
I hear sighs from the group. I see one girl with a smirk on her face.
“You,” I point at her. “Come with me.”
“I don’t have to. It wasn’t me.” She says smoothly.
“Erica!” hisses Kimberly.
I grab her hand. “Get away from me!” she yells. I hold on firmly and pull her in.

“Look,” I tell her. “I’m not going to hurt you. I’m only going to ask you:
Did you see anything suspicious on the night of the sleepover?”
“No.” she says. “Did you notice you turned of the lights?”
“No.” she repeats. “Okay, can you tell me what happened?” I ask.
“No.” “Did you steal the pearl necklace?!” I yell. The girl stays silent.
I lean in close and pull something out of her pocket. The pearl necklace!
“Hey! Give that back! It’s mine!”
“I knew it was you! Why did you do it?”
She goes pale. “Okay, fine! I did it! I only did it because she was being mean to me! I wanted her to get a taste of her own medicine!”
“What did she do?” I ask. “She said foot pajamas were for babies and everyone ignored me after that. I was feeling rash. I shouldn’t have taken it.”
“We’ll you should have thought of that before. Stay here.” I instruct.

I walk out by myself. I approach Kimberly with the bracelet. “Is this yours?”
“How did you know it was me?” she asked. “Who would know so much about what happened?” I say.


Another case solved by Jenna James: Kid Detective!