Insanity Consumes You | Teen Ink

Insanity Consumes You

February 21, 2010
By Becca(: BRONZE, Mesa, Arizona
Becca(: BRONZE, Mesa, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference.(;<3


The colossal waves crashed into the huge, silky, black rocks around me as my feet were angrily devoured by the course wet sand I used to love. Blinding yellow bolts of lightning struck the furious black waters, teasing me with seconds of light and direction, just before the ear-splitting roar of thunder rang. The terrified seagulls shrieked in horror, provoking the wolves in the woods behind me to howl a shrill cry of excitement. My soaked clothes hung my shivering body as if for dear life. The fear and slat water left a bitter taste in my mouth as I choked violently on the sobs rising from my chest. I was running as fast as my skinny, clumsy legs could carry me, but all I could see before me was a long stretch of beach and more storm clouds. The dark, stinging rain slapped my face from every direction. I could feel him chasing behind me. I could hear his jagged breathing as he tried to catch up. My legs were burning and my throat was on fire. It felt like I had his burly arms around me, constricting the life out of me. I wanted to give up and fall to the ground, but I couldn’t let him catch me, I couldn’t let him take me again. But to my horror, I didn’t have a choice.

I gust of wind smacked into my right side making me stumble, and consequently loose all balance. Suddenly, the sand was rushing towards my face and I could feel him catch up to me and pause. I was paralyzed in the disheveled sand on account of the needle that had been thrust into my arm, injecting me with the undying numbness and dark. I was fading away as I heard the cackling of a monster inside my head and incoherent whispers of invisible people all around. I begged the man in the white suit to leave me here to die, but he didn’t listen. He just continued to drag me away to freedom, and closer to the white walls and medication.


The author's comments:
This was a nightmare i had and kind of embellished uppon. Give me some feedbackk please(: