Solitude

Laughter. When was the last time I heard that? Laughs and giggles and the sounds of happiness.
Happy. The word seems foreign to me. They used to say it all the time. I used to say it.
Solitude is a comforting world. A world of no hate or confusion. It's simple. But, in solitude, you forget how to be happy.
I wish I remembered how to smile. How to laugh, how to just blow things off like I used to.
Luckily, I forgot how to cry. If I had remembered, I would probably never would have been able to live as long as I have. I would have spent all of my few last days crying.
But I have to stop myself. I have to stop myself from thinking about tears. Maybe if I stoppped thinking all together I could be happy again.
They could keep their imperfect society. This room was all I needed.
I knew I was dying. I wasn't sure if it was the thirst or the hunger or the disease.
They had locked me up.
Was I crazy? I have never spoken like a madman.
The whole room dripped with silence. It oozed that strange ringing that you get when you know you are about to die.
I limped over to the dusty cracked mirror. My eyes were calm....almost dead.
Almost dead. I could feel my breath getting shallow, my heart slowing. Slowing.
It was creeping along. My own death couldn't even spare me the torture of fear. I couldn't die quickly because nothing painful in my life had ever gone quickly.
Why would my death be an exception?
"Crazy!" They had all called me. "Crazy!"
Even as they locked the door I could hear their chants.
Solitude could keep me away from people who could be contaminated by my insane ways.
I liked this solitude, I thought.
Then I sighed. Even in my dying hours I lied to myself.
My skin began to feel prickly. And just as I laid down to die in this dark black room i heard the creaking of a door opening and a light met my closing eyes.
Now they choose to save me....Just as I lay with death strangling me.
Even as I die my pain is slow....
Then I realized that now someone could hear my last words.
"I...." I whispered, "I am not crazy...."
And then I prayed that someone heard me, and I closed my eyes, and I stopped breathing.

chebeatus said...
Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:19 am
Diana101, this story was beautifully written. I like how the darkness, and how you paint a picture with this story. Nice job :)

chebeatus replied...
Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:23 am
Sorry..lol wrong author. I'm trying to understand this dang website still. Great writing DallysGrrl.

DallysGrrl replied...
Haha thnx. Don't worry i couldn't navigate the site 4 a while either haha. :)

Esperanza said...
Nov. 22, 2010 at 5:47 am
Wow that's rele good keep writing girl...:) Hey if u have a chance will u pleez check out my article "A Mixed up Fairytale Part I.?" It's in the forums...under fiction

Esperanza replied...
Diana101 i replied to ur article y won't u critique mine u promised u'd critique an article if we critiqued urs i even rated urs!

DallysGrrl replied...
Sure I'll read n critique your's. heyy btw srry it took me so long 2 reply. I haven't been on the site 4 a while.

WriteToSpeak said...

This was absolutely amazing.

I loved it, beyond words.

Please, keep it up. (: 

DallysGrrl replied...
Heyy thnx. That's so great of u 2 say. Hope u will check out my other stuff. I just hopped back on the site....I haven't been on the site in 4ever so srry it took so long haha.

Diana101 said...

This was a really great story!! You had me hooked after the very first sentence!! Awsome!!!

***Could you check out my story and comment?

-Diana101

Diana101 replied...
P.S. I actually liked it so much that I tagged it as my favorite:)

DallysGrrl replied...
Sept. 1, 2010 at 10:52 am
Thank you so much. I really appreciate the comment. and p.s., Sure I'll check out your work. Thanks again!

Diana101 replied...

Thank you so much for the comment!! I am sure to work on makeing my stories longer. However, I actually wrote the story that you read for an English assignment, so it kinda had to be short. But I totally get what you're saying. And my most reacent story that is finished I think is eleven pages typed, font size 12.:)

***Thanks again for the comment:)

-Diana101:)

DallysGrrl replied...
No  problem.  And  thanks  again  for  your  comments. :)

luckyducky4This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
creepy too!

DallysGrrl replied...
Apr. 2, 2010 at 11:35 am
Thank you I really wanted it 2 be creepy!

Josefina S. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
wow, that is good! keep writing!!

DallysGrrl replied...
Apr. 2, 2010 at 11:35 am
WOW thanx so much!! So glad u like it.

Silverae said...
Hey Dallys! You can check out the second part of my story now! I hope you like it =)

DallysGrrl replied...
Haha i will!!

Silverae replied...
btw, this is a really sad story! :( but it's very well written :)