Voices | Teen Ink

Voices

By Carri BRONZE, Chattanooga, Tennessee
Carri BRONZE, Chattanooga, Tennessee
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

"A little less conversation, a little more action."

“Stop it! Leave her alone, please!” I shouted as loud as I could manage, my screams seemed to echo throughout the entire area. They seemed so loud to my ears. Still, those things, those monsters, didn’t stop. They kept circling her, as if she were some sort of prey they had been hunting ruthlessly for hours on end. They kept snapping at her, taunting her, torturing. I didn’t have to watch this scene to know how it ended.

One of the towering monsters stepped out from the intertwining circle, and leaped towards the frightened girl who was sprawled across the ground. The monster’s white fangs were out, flying, their target being the victim’s throat.

I screamed again, louder, begging him to stop, to not harm the innocent girl, already greeting death. No one even acknowledged that I was even there, about to witness a murder. I fell to me knees as I watched in horror as the monster was closing in on his landing, only inches away.

My eyes fluttered open instantly, and we‘re greeted by my room‘s ceiling.

This is from my novel that I've been working on for about two years. Also, the "girl" that is being tormented in the article is actually the girl who is witnessing it occur.