Lucifer & Lucy | Teen Ink

Lucifer & Lucy

February 8, 2010
By madlydelicious BRONZE, Everett, Washington
madlydelicious BRONZE, Everett, Washington
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"'But I don't want to go among mad people!"-said Alice. 'Oh, you can't help that, we're all mad here,' said the cat."-Lewis Carroll or "History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it."-Winston Churchill


I awake to the sun setting. 'What the hell?' I say out loud. This can't be right. My alarm clock's glowing green numbers read 9:11 AM. So why would the sun be going down? It should already be high in the sky, it's blazing rays lighting up the July-green grass that lines the yards of my suburban street.
"You're right--it's impossible for the sun to be setting mid-morning," whispers an ominous voice through the dark. I cringe, my whole body tensing.
"Back so soon, Lucifer?" I call, my voice cracking on the name of the haunting creature. A witch-like laugh fills the room.
"You know I never stay away too long. I can't help it. You're intoxicating, my Lucy," he replies, now only inches away from me. I feel his breath on my neck, and the hair on my arms stands on end.
"DON'T," I screech. "Don't you dare call me yours. I will never, ever be yours, Lucifer. You cannot own me." The witch laugh returns.
"That's where you're wrong, little Lucy. I've turned the world upside down, looking for you. You hid yourself well. And yet, you learned nothing. You cannot hide from the Prince of Darkness in the dark," he says, almost haughtily.
"But there is no dark in my life anymore, Lucifer. I sleep in the day and keep all the lights on in the night. How...how did you find me?" I say through my gritted teeth.
"Why, can't you see? The moon and the sun are mine now. They operate on my schedule. A schedule designed to undermine your clever--but not too thorough, I must say--thinking," he says, his voice louder now. He is more assure of himself than ever before.
"Don't do this to me, Lucifer. Leave me alone!" I scream desperately as he rips off my clothes, ready to ravage me yet again, plant his seed of death inside me.

TO BE CONTINUED