The 28th Amendment- The Booking- Bad Cop aka Joseph Riker

"Look at the little girl, in her nastiness. Acting like she didn't know she was stealing from someone poorer than her." I said. God, I could feel the hate burning in my eyes. If it meant I had to force an illegal confession out of her, so be it.
"Joe, why are you watching her take her mug shots? You only stare at them like that when they are sincere dirtbags." Said Erika, my partner. Her eyes were big, as if I had done something wrong.
"E," I said, my nickname for her, "she stole the last bit of food that family had. A family that lives off of food stamps and child support."
"Yeah, but only to support herself while her parents were away. I still think-"
"Erika," I said, more serious, "I know what you're going to say, and don't. God, ever since you worked that case with Special Victims, you've gone soft."
"Joseph," Erika said, mocking me, "this girl didn't murder..." she pulled in closer to me, "or rape anyone. She needs to eat. And you know if they find out how we got that confession out of her, it won't hold up in court. And they can have our badges for this."
"They won't find out." When Erika didn't respond back, I said,
"Just remember, if you tell, and I go down, you're going down with me." The girl, Brianna Anderson, steppod out of the mug shot room, and she was being taken by handcuffs.
"Just remember, if it wasn't illegal, I'd slap you." Brianna muttered.
"Was that a threat, Miss Anderson?"
"No, it wasn't. Just a statement." She had no emotion, just a cold stare in her eye.
"Well, come on. Let's go to Riker's. Hope you like horrible living conditions and food one step below dog food." If looks could kill, I would've been murdered by Brianna, and she'd have another crime to add to her rap sheet. After staring at me, seh looked at my badge.
"Detective Joseph Riker. Well, Joe, it's no shock they name the jail after you." As a guard dragged her away, I said to Erika,
"She could kill."

DallysGrrl said...
Feb. 10, 2010 at 7:50 pm:
Awesome!! i like how you create characters just by having them speak!! keep writing writing writing!! humorous while serious at the smae time!! mayb if u want 2 experiment with ur writing, u can maybe add more description. I lik this though.

roxawesomeness replied...
Feb. 25, 2010 at 9:10 am :
thanks so much! yeah, this story was just people i know naturally talking. there's going 2 b several more, so keep on reading!

DallysGrrl replied...
Feb. 25, 2010 at 12:21 pm :
Cool cant wait.