Delilah And Her Demon | Teen Ink

Delilah And Her Demon

By the1&onlyme BRONZE, Odenville, Alabama
the1&onlyme BRONZE, Odenville, Alabama

I like talking to a brick wall, it's the only thing in the world that never contradicts me.-Oscar Wilde

The door handle groaned when Delilah twisted it. The portal opened with a moan and she stepped inside her house. She'd never felt it get so cold, or eerily silent. Paranoia swept over her as she walked into the dimly light hallway with bare ivory walls; the TV was on mute and playing a soap opera of some kind. "Mom?" No answer. Delilah realized she was alone in big empty house with the TV going when she swore she turned it off this morning. Did Mom turn it on? She thought. No, Mom had gone to work before she left school.
"Hello?" She called again her voice trembling slightly. A note was on the refrigerator. "Going to be home late. Roman noodles for supper. Sorry. love Mom." She read the note and sighed. She jumped as a very loud thump was heard upstairs. "It's just the dog."She told herself."Just the dog..." She walked into the living room and almost shrieked. The dog was lying on the couch asleep.
Another clearly audible sound was heard. Thump, thump, thump... She turned on all the lights down stairs and turned up the TV. Thump, thump, thump... But the sound was still there. Delilah took a deep breath and slowly walked up the stairs. Thump, thump, thump. Her heart beat raced. Thump, thump, thump. She reached her room where she believe the sounds where coming from. Thump, thump- She opened the door without thinking twice.
And there was no one there. Crash! A noise from downstairs. She ran back down and noticed the dog wasn't barking; also that the dog wasn't on the couch at all. She panted and her heart would keep a steady rhythm. She felt eyes upon her back but was too paralyzed with fear to turn around. Stomp, stomp, stomp, stomp. Feet stepping on the ground. Delilah stopped breathing and she felt like she was being compressed in her own body.
A cold voice came in her ear."Delilah..." Delilah did the only thing she could do, bellowed loudly."HELP!PLEASE HELP!" In a fearfull and shrill voice. And at once everything was quiet.
Delila's mother came home with flashing lights and men with badges in her drive way. "What happened?" She exclaimed.
"Ma'am, one of your neighbors heard a scream and called us, and we've found some..." He paused like he was unsure of what to say."Just follow me." Officers were asking neibors what they heard but all sound seemed disapeer when she saw written on the wall in harned blood."Be afriad."
"Ma'am do you own a dog?'
"My daughter does...where is she? Where's Delilah?"
"This blood we've comfirmed is kanine but we haven't seen a girl around. DO you have a picture?" She pulled out a picture and another officer came by."Nope haven't seen her."
"She comes her after school every day."
"You know how teenagers are."
Six months of frantic searching and Delilah was never found...

Demonic possesion IS real. And I want to spread the word about demon hauntings. It is not all in some people's heads. I've had my own experiance with demons and will more than likely write about it.

on Feb. 11 2010 at 1:51 pm
damn !!! i loved it! you should write a book about this girland her experience. hell , i'd be the first one to buy it. good job!