Am I Alone? | Teen Ink

Am I Alone?

By peaceluver96 BRONZE, Fonda, New York
peaceluver96 BRONZE, Fonda, New York

It was a stormy Friday afternoon and I just got off the bus. My name is Alyssa and I live in an old house in Westminster, Maryland .My parents were out of town at a meeting and I was home alone. Ever since I moved into this creepy house I’ve been getting a lot of strange vibes. My really old house has a lot of history behind it and a lot of people died in it. My dad told me that there was a man who killed himself because his wife and five kids died because of smallpox. One time when I woke up for school in the morning I heard a strange voice and saw a shadow; but, when I turned around to get a better look, it disappeared.

Since my parents were out of town they said I could have my best friend Eva, over. We were going to watch a movie and since I chose the movie last time it was her turn to rent the movie. Eva is scary and intimidating but she’s been my best friend for as long as I can remember. Eva always chooses scary movies and this time I promised myself I would not be scared. The movie was called “The Haunting” and when I looked at the case I got chills up and down my spine. When the movie started the wind started to blow harder than usual and the shutters on my house were banging so hard it sounded like a gunshot.

When the movie was over Eva got a call from her dad. She looked at me with a very disappointed look on her face and she said that she had to go because her dad was leaving and she had to baby sit her little brother. All of the sudden I felt queasy and I wanted to throw up. I told Eva goodbye, shut the door, and locked it. As soon as I could I locked the windows, closed the curtains, turned on all the lights, and turned on the TV. “I’m not scared, I’m not scared” I kept telling myself hoping that it would become true. I had lain down on the couch watching Disney Channel trying to fall asleep when I heard a noise. The noise sounded like the monster in the movie but I assumed it was my imagination so I closed my eyes, but then, I heard it again and it was louder than the last. I wished Eva was here, she’s not afraid of anything, but she’s not and I have to act my age. I saw a shadow on the wall and I saw it again and I was really starting to get worried. The storm must have killed the power, the lights went out and not even a glimpse of moonlight was showing. I ran into the kitchen and got a flashlight. When I was walking back something stopped me, it was big and furry. When I shined the flashlight up I saw a huge black and white creature and it was like the one in the movie. I couldn’t move for a couple of seconds but when I got out of shock I screamed. I started running but I could feel the rumble of his giant steps behind me. I didn’t know where I could go and be safe so I started to head for the back door but it took its giant hand and grabbed me.” I’m so scared” I cried and then the monster disappeared.