Later | Teen Ink

Later

By Underblock BRONZE, Midland, Texas
Underblock BRONZE, Midland, Texas

"There are only two people who can tell you about yourself, an enemy who has lost his temper, or a friend who loves you dearly."- Unknown.

I begin to walk. The small creaks from the stairs are barely audible over the load roar of the noise in the basement. Tears begin to fill my eyes as I see the figure of my eighteen year old girfriend torn to shreds on the hard concrete floor that makes up the garage. What is happening? is all I can think. I slowly step over the remaining body parts of Lisa and i begin to make myself towards a door left slightly ajar. There are inhuman sounds coming from it. Sounds that are not from this world. I begin to go towards the door when I begin to hear the screams. Shrieks of terror are coming from that room! Panic fills me up, but fear is not an option for me now. I open the door and instantally the room goes black. "Who goes there?" I shout,"why are you doing this to us." Complete silence. "Answer me," I shout. A boost of confidence shoots through me. Then... the lights turn on. I am in a room, but not the room I am expecting. It's a padded room. Everything is padded with a soft fabric. I am even securely covered from head to toe with the material. I try to think back. To the house. To the room left slightly ajar. The killer! Then I realize, it might have been me all along. Was it me? How could it have been. Then the lights turn off and I am somewhere else. Somewhere i dont reconignize. The place is a grey and silent. I begin to panic. Where am I?

A random piece on a boy who is mentally ill.