The White Barn (Part 1) | Teen Ink

The White Barn (Part 1)

By TheBKLounge23 BRONZE, Dubuque, Iowa
TheBKLounge23 BRONZE, Dubuque, Iowa

What stumbled across Jessica Fringe’s eyes was a
bright white barn, sitting across the field next to her house. She got her coat on and went out the back door to go check it out.
She walked through the tall grass. Reaching her way across the field, and getting over to the barn. Halfway there, and she sees a big boarder of trees running across between her property and the white barn’s. She walks along the trees looking up and down, searching for an opening. Up ahead she saw the beginning of a dirt path.
She then notice that the path lead right through the tall trees, and the path stretched all the way up to the white barn.
Passing through the trees, and when she was on the other side a quick strong pain came to her head. Suddenly the pain was gone.
The path was bumpy and hard, almost felt like the
back of an alligator. Cement and rocks is all it was.
She walked the path all the way up the hill. It took her at lease two minutes to reach the top. The strangest thing that happen while Jessica was walking on the path, she kept her eyes up ahead on the barn. Every time she blinked the color of the barn would turn blood red, and then back to white.
She rubbed her eyes back and forth with her fingers, brushing the eye boogers from the corner of her eye sockets. Maybe she’s still tired, she thought. Maybe her eyes aren’t functioning right, because they might still be asleep. She’ll never know what caused it.
There was a flat surface at the top where the barn
stood. Jessica stared at the barn. She notices the paint was shedding off. There was a lock on the doors.
She walked up to it, and held the pad lock in her
hand. Then she pulls out a hair pin from her hair, and carefully slid the two end pieces inside the key hole.
Twisting and turning, and moving side to side. She felt the pin vibrate when it clicked, and finally the loop opened freely and was unlocked.
Jessica removed the lock off the doors. She tossed it aside. Gripping her hands tightly on the handles, and she slowly pulls the doors open. The force of the doors from pulling it felt like if someone was on the other side pulling as well.
It was pitch dark inside. She walked in, and the only
light that was on was a small light bulb in the center of the barn. It wasn’t like other light bulbs, this one was flashing red.
Jessica walked under the light, and it flashed red on
her face and then it disappears to darkness. She walked away from it, and looked around the barn some more.
Jessica followed her way through the barn with only the one flashing red light, to seek her way around. Flash, flash, flash, she spots a fuse box.
She slowly walked her way over, as she took every
step when the light flashed on. Her hand reaches for the lever, and she forced it up. High up top in the left and right corner of the barn, two giant lamps power on. The barn was filled with light.
Hay was stacked everywhere. It started over on the
left side of the wall where it stretched all the way around to the other side of the barn. She came back to the flashing red light where she kept staring at it. she noticed that there was no string to pull to turn it off, or a switch to flip. From her sight of view; there seem to be something inside of the light bulb. She doesn’t know what. Her urge to touch it was very high. Jessica puts her hand up, and before even touching the surface of the bulb she can feel a
strong burning heat coming from the little light bulb.
“Don’t!” a mysterious voice yelled. The loud echoing
sound scared Jessica. She looks over in the doorway and there stood was an old strange man. He seemed like he was in his late sixties. The man’s skin was saggy and wrinkle than bloodhound dog. He also had that extra skin hanging from underneath his chin like a turkey’s neck.
“Leave that light alone!” said the old man. Jessica
panics, “Oh, I’m so sorry sir I didn’t know this was anyone’s barn.” “It belongs to no one. It’s cursed. No one will even put one toe in this s*** hole.” Jessica was really confused, “Cursed?” “You heard me right doll. Of all the murders and executions that happened In here the souls still live among this barn.” Jessica felt the need of leaving, so she
started walking towards the doors until she saw the old man backing away, “Woo there, don’t even come near me with that curse.” The old man starts walking away and leaves Jessica’s sight, so she went after him. She turned left when she exit the barn, and he was gone.
The silver watch on Jessica’s wrist started beeping. It was twelve o’clock in the afternoon. It was time for lunch.
She started walking back down the path and the sharp pain I her head struck her again, and then she hears her name up from the barn.
She stop’s and turned around, and it was a little girl in a white gown. “Jessica,” the little girl repeated. Jessica started to head back up.
“Who are you?” Jessica asked. “My name is Samantha.” “Where are your parents?” “They’re gone right now, but I should be seeing them very soon. Jessica noticed the poor girl was bluer than the clear skies, so she offered her coat to her. “No thank you, I don’t mind the cold. I figured it would be better like this, so that way I won’t have to feel anything.” Samantha smiled. Jessica had no idea what she what she was talking about.
Loud voices came roaring from inside the barn.
Jessica walked in as Samantha walked behind her, and there inside was a mob of angry people. “Wait…, I was just in here and…” she was lost with her words; she was officially losing her mind.
Straight up ahead on the other side of the barn was a guillotine set up on top of a group of hay stacks. The mob formed a runway that led straight up to the guillotine, starting where Samantha and Jessica stood.
Jessica’s heart was racing, “What’s going on?”
Samantha got Jessica’s attention, “Don’t worry, this show is for me.” Samantha started walking the runway, and everyone in that barn kept yelling out things about the poor little girl. One man screamed, “Burn in hell you little b****!” while a woman next to him continued, “Die you
filthy little girl. Have fun sucking the devil’s d***!”
Jessica was just disgusted but the awful comments that were being said. Then someone else yelled out, “Witch!” This was starting to seem really weird for Jessica.
The nearest person next to her was a middle age
woman who was wearing a high necked chemise with a broad linen collar. Jessica remember seeing those type of clothes from somewhere. Jessica asked the woman, “Excuse me, what is going on?” With an aggressive tone she responded, “We’re about to put this evil witch to death. We already took the mother’s life last week, and when the father found out that his precious little girl was
a witch he couldn’t help but to take his own life. Poor thing just couldn’t live knowing he loved and raised two unholy spirits.”
The hairs on Jessica’s arms rose. She had no idea why they are accusing this little girl as a witch. One more question came out of Jessica’s mouth, “Can you tell me where we are and what year it is?” The old woman looked at her strangely, “We’re at the old Lincoln Barn in Salem Massachusetts in the year of 1869.”

(To read more go to part 2)

This is a short story based off of my 6 story book that i am creating write now. This story i may warn you, will be very graphic with some gore and have some fowl language. If you love scary horror mysteries then i sure you that you'll love this story of mine.
-Enjoy