A Day In The Life | Teen Ink

A Day In The Life

January 15, 2010
By OneRevolutionary BRONZE, Louisville, Kentucky
OneRevolutionary BRONZE, Louisville, Kentucky
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

A Day In The Life…




“All right man, get outta the box.”

People were always knocking on my box. I can’t ever get a break around here cause people always have to feel like they own everything in this city. I look up from my box and there’s a cop standing over me.

“What do you want man?”
“Sir, I’m gonna have to confiscate your box.”
“Why? This is my box I found it I have a right to it.”
“No, this is city property.”
“What the hell are you talking about? This is my box.”
“What’s your name sir?”
“People usually call me Charles or Bobo the Hobo.”
“Bobo the Hobo?”
“Yeah, I used to be a clown in the circus until I got hepatitis from one of the tightrope walkers and I had to leave.”
“Well Charles, I’m gonna have to beat you for resistance.”
“Woah, what!?”

Then everything went black. I woke up a couple of hours later and my box was gone. The alley where I lived was filling with rain pretty quickly. Puddles and darkness. Pretty common for me everyday. There was some blood sliding down the wall behind me, dripping on the ground. I felt the back of my head and of course I was bleeding. They’re all the same.

Why does this always happen to me? I find a perfectly good box and it gets taken away from me. Life sucks. Well since I was up I figured I’d go and get some food.
Walking down the streets filled with capitalist pigs, I’m glad I’m not one of them. I probably couldn’t live with myself. They’re all the same with their suits, cigars, and their clean toilets.

“Excuse me sir…”

I turn around and see who’s speaking to me and it’s one of the suits. He has that look about him where I’d like to kill him. Actually, now that I think about it, I might just do that. I could use some cash.

“Yeah, what do you want?”

“I was wondering if you could tell me how to get to 4th Street. I need to pick up my daughter from school today.”

“Yes I do. Here follow me and I’ll show you the way there.”

“Alright, thank you good sir.”

We walked a couple of blocks until I found an alleyway that was safe from people. It was a quintessential valley that every good city needed. Dark, desolate, and the brick walls would muffle the screams of a dying capitalist.

“Just through here and we’ll be on 4th street. After you sir.”

“Thank you my good man. Hey, wait, this alley is nothing but a dead end.”

At that I jumped on his back and tried to strangle him. He may have been fat but he was able to throw me off of him. He tried to run but I caught up to him and made a second attempt to strangle him. The second time he tried to struggle but I got all of the wind out of him and knocked him unconscious. On the ground, there was a broken beer bottle with jagged edges on it. Good for cutting and killing things. I quickly slit his throat and watched the blood spurt from his neck. He slumped over and I quickly took his wallet out of his pocket. This guy was completely loaded with 50s and 100s. After I took his money, I kicked his head in the mud just so he would know what it’s like to have his face rubbed in the dirt like I had for years and years.

Since I had some cash, food was next on the agenda. The only thing that was near was a White Castle. So I figured that was my only option. Since I a lot of cash on me I figured why not but everything on the menu. It started off fine, everything was great. I finished and left. The trouble began when I got back to the alley and it felt like an atomic bomb was going to come out.

I pushed, shoved, and I felt like I was gonna have an aneurism. I probably could’ve filled a well with all of the sweat that was coming from my pores. But finally, the pain subsided. The only thing left to do was to wipe. I looked around on the ground but as far as I could see there wasn’t anything to wipe with. I must have walked around for a good fifteen minutes with my pants down, bare-assed. A few minutes later I heard a couple of feet away:

“All right man give me all the money you got.”

I looked over at the noise and there was a young thug trying to steal from this other young man.

“Look man, I don’t have any money.”

He pulled a gun out of his pocket and pointed it at the young man.

“Do you have any money now?”

“Dude, I’m telling you I don’t have any money.”

“Hey you let him go!”

“Keep out of this old man or I’ll kill you too.”

There wasn’t really anything I could do for this young man except sit back and watch what transpired.

“Alright, I’m gonna ask you one more time. Give me your money or I’ll kill you.”

“I’m telling you man I don’t have any money.”

There was a loud shot and I saw the man slump over on the wall. The thug felt around in his pockets and looked for his wallet. After he’d found it he looked inside and the man had about 400 bucks worth of cash.

“What a lying jerk. He did have money.”

Then the thug ran off into the dark city streets. I walked over to the dead man’s body and saw that he had a pretty good size hole in his head from where the bullet had gone through it. I looked through his pockets to see if the thief had left anything behind. After an unsuccessful search I left the man there. I turned around and saw that there was a brown box sitting on the ground. Apparently someone had left it in my alley. Well, I figured I might as well take it since some cop took my other box. With that, I laid down in my new found box and drifted off to sleep. Another day in my life gone by living in the concrete jungle.


The author's comments:
This is a story about a hobo. This is completely fictional and I hope that anyone who reads it likes it.