Blue Death | Teen Ink

Blue Death

By cvbarnes15 BRONZE, Ormond Beach, Florida
cvbarnes15 BRONZE, Ormond Beach, Florida

Blue Death

"Why are you up?" With my voice still groggy, I questioned the dark silhouette shape in my doorway. Assuming it was my mother, I slowly crawl out of bed. As I made my way to the doorway, the figure spun around and began to glide down the hallway. Disoriented and dazed, I began to follow her. Thinking all along, that this is rather strange behavior for my mother.

"Where are you going? And what is wrong with you?" Responding to my voice, the shape I still think is my mother, turned to face me. In the dim light reflected through the window, I see the figure is not my mother at all, but rather the opaque outline of a strange woman with pale hair and soul-less eyes. My heart jumped to my throat, and my feet, uncontrolled by my conscious at this point, stop dead. Unsure what to do, I simply stare at the ghostly women. Slowly, she begins to retrace her steps and start towards me. For the first time, I notice the glowing blue amulet lying on her milky white skin. Distracted by the ominous light coming from the amulet, I never noticed the woman was standing directly in front of me until it was too late. Feeling to burn of the amulet against my chest shook me out of my daze. I made it all the way to my room before I forced myself to turn. Standing directly in front of me, she ended my life.