Home Ch. 3 | Teen Ink

Home Ch. 3

By KatyMary SILVER, Cross Lanes, West Virginia
KatyMary SILVER, Cross Lanes, West Virginia

Chapter 3

I felt comfortable around these boys for some odd, uncanny reason. There wasn’t a danger alert screaming through my head, so I was safe. I sat in the back of the car with Zachary as we sped close to 10 miles over the speed limit.
“So what’s your last name?” Zachary asked curiously.
“Mont." I answered blushing beyond control; it probably looked like a red tomato smacked my face. And the funny thing was, was that there really isn’t anything to be embarrassed about. Ashlie’s car sped up and then jerked to a stop in front of the Mito Express Train Station.
“Whoa… Watch it Adam.” Zachary teased.
“Shut up punk.” Adam snapped back. I looked at Zachary’s expression expecting anger, but the face surprised me. It looked like he was holding back a smile. I giggled and he started to howl with laughter.
“Oh. My. Gawd." Ashlie squawked as Zachary and I started to both bowl over with laughter for no apparent reason.
“Get out of the car and run to the ticket booth!” I looked at Ashlie who was already out of the car, I took in a glimpse of the clock and it said 10:00. I knew that the tickets would be sold out if we waited any longer.
“Four tickets to Washington D.C. please.” Ashlie said smiling and out of breath.
“Here you go dear.. That’ll be $130.00.” I looked at Ashlie and she pulled out a credit card.

The walk way to the train was lit by the gloomy florescent light bulbs that were made to look like street lamps.
“Ashlie, how did the boys get the car?” I asked as soon as Ashlie and I were alone while the boys went to the bathroom.
”I gave it to them.” She answered not quite giving me the explanation that I wanted.
“But you told me that Mom had them.”
“Well I lied because you never trust the boys I date.” That remark took me by surprise and honestly, she was absolutely right. I have never really liked any of the boys she’s brought home, and I would have probably had a break down if she told me she gave the keys to some guy she barely knew.
“Aw man!” I heard a familiar voice echo from behind me. I slowly turned around and Parker Lovington was standing right in front of me.
“ugh!” I said and turned back around, Parker was the school pervert, and everyone thought he was hilarious and fun to hang around with, but not me.
“Hey Amelia, are you coming?” Zach asked from inside the train with a grin.
“Of course I am.” I smiled back. I lifted my foot onto the train steps and someone hit me from behind and sent me flying into the stairs, I blacked out as soon as my head hit the corner of one of the steps only knowing that the person that hit me was Pervert Parker. He either was jealous that I had met a guy he doesn’t know, or he was being a jerk, as always.
“Amelia?” someone whispered right in my face.
“Yes?” I answered opening my eyes to see the person right in front of me, it was Zach.
“Are you ok?” He asked with a concerned look on his face.
“Yeah. I’m fine.” I said lifting myself up out of his lap, my head was pounding like my heart beat had moved up into my brain. I was dizzy, but not so dizzy that I couldn’t see Parker sleeping in the seat in front of us.
“Man! Why is he here?” I whispered to Zach.
“I don’t know, “He shrugged, “He was worried about you.”
“Oh, now that’s hard to believe.”
“No its not, I was worried about you because I heard your head crack from over here.”
“Oh well, never mind, I must have been out for awhile, everyone is already asleep.”
“Yeah, they were too lazy to see who had hit their head, so I went and it was you… I think that Parker kid shoved you, because he was laughing while you were falling and then got totally upset when you didn’t respond after you hit your head,” He laughed,” It was kind of funny to see him react so frantically, he kept shouting for an ambulance.” I laughed also,
“Yeah that is funny.” The train halted to a stop and I flew out of my seat, I almost hit my head on the arm rest, but Zach caught my waist just in time.
“You just keep getting pushed around.” He said, teasing me.
“I know.” I said back bursting into laughter. The train was going to Montgomery, Alabama. I didn’t know what Ashlie was planning, but she was always so organized that I barley worried. In this case, where our parents are trying to capture us, I think I have room to worry.
“Alright, let’s get off.” Ashlie said groaning as she stood up. I looked up at her and she was smiling down at me.
“What’s wrong, did you hit your head or somethin’? You must have forgotten who I am.” Ashlie smirked and turned back around to pick up her bags, I rolled my eyes.
“Hey! Zach! Let Amie get off your lap so she can grab her stuff!” Adam yelled from the seat beside Ashlie. I blushed and lifted myself out of his lap once again, and how did he know that Ashlie calls me Amie when she’s happy?
“We aren’t deaf.” Zach muttered to himself, I looked at him while he was bending down to get his bags and he was blushing too. I giggled and he swung his head around to look at me and hit his head on the luggage carrier above our heads. I couldn’t help it, so I let it all come rolling out. He was flushing a deep red now while I was howling with laughter.
“Amie, don’t be mean!” Ashlie said keeping her lips in a hard line to keep from laughing herself.
“Will Amelia Mont and Ashlie Mont please step off the train?” The intercom buzzed. I looked at Ashlie and we both broke into a full headed sprint towards the back of the train. We didn’t know who wanted to speak to us, but we sure weren’t going to figure out. I looked behind me and Zach was chasing after us with Adam right behind him.
“Ashlie! It’s a dead end!” I shouted as soon as we got to the very last car on the train.
“No, it’s not.” She replied as she lifted the huge red handle and opened the emergency back exit.
“Whoa, Ashlie, aren’t the tracks electrified!” I screeched as she jumped down off the train.
“This isn’t a monorail stupid.” She said reaching for my hand; I heard shouting and fussing behind me,
“Stop them! Stop them!” The train guards were shouting. Zach was still running after us with the bags.
“Duck!” He yelled. I put my hands over the top of my head and bent over while the bags soared over me and out of the train. He came running at full speed with Adam pulling things down behind him to slow down the guards.
“Oh no.” I yelped as he put his arms out and jumped off the train with me crushed to his chest.

on Jan. 20 2010 at 10:22 pm
Haha, yeah sure. this chapter took me about a year to write so it might be awhile.

on Jan. 20 2010 at 3:06 pm
TamaraN PLATINUM, Kalispell, Montana
wow can u please write more im dying to know what happens next.....