The Deadly Truth part 1 | Teen Ink

The Deadly Truth part 1

It was a Friday night. Arianna and her four friends were upset because the high school football game had been canceled. They all decided to go hang out at the mall. They were going through stores looking at clothes and accessories. The girls were walking around the mall, when Arianna kept noticing this one guy that was following them. He had beautiful blue eyes and dark brown hair. He was very tall. She noticed how he was watching her every move. He looked like somebody that she knew, but couldn’t remember when she had met him.

All the girls were starting to get hungry. They decided to go to Chili’s in the mall. Arianna, Rebecca, Jessica, Rose, and Hailey were waiting in line when Arianna suddenly noticed the guy again. Arianna saw the way he was looking at her. As if there was something evil about him, he kept watching her. And she was starting to get goose bumps.

“Finally we got a table. I’m starving,” said Rebecca.

“Yes, I know we’ve been waiting in line forever,” said Jessica.

“I can’t wait to order some food,” Rose said.

“Guys, I don’t feel to good. I think I’m going to wait outside,” Arianna said.

“No you’re not. You wanted to eat here, so you’re going to eat, okay?” Rebecca said.

Rebecca knew there was something wrong with her best friend, but didn’t want to ask her in front of the other girls. All four girls gave their orders to the waitress. They were waiting for their food to be brought to the table. Arianna’s friends were talking to each other about school and gossip, when their food was brought to the table. But it wasn’t the same waitress who they had given their order to. It was that guy who had been following her. He was creepy up close. She noticed how he was staring at her. She pretended not to notice him, but she felt his eyes on her. When he left all her friends broke out laughing.

“Oh my goodness! What was up with that? Arianna, do you know him?” said Rose.
“Um, I don’t know. How come?” Arianna said.

“Well, I don’t know. Maybe because he was staring at you,” Rose said.

“Yeah he is pretty hot. I like his eyes.” Jessica said.

“Guys, are ya’ll ready to go? I have to get home to see if my mom need’s any help,” Rebecca said.

“Yes we are. C’mon girls, lets go,” Arianna said.

They were all walking out when all of them noticed someone waiting at Rebecca’s car. They had no idea who it was until they reached the car. It was the same guy, and he was smiling straight at Arianna.

“Excuse me, I’m William, and I wanted to return this wallet.” he said.

Everybody looked straight at Arianna. She froze up like she didn’t want to take her wallet, but she had to because her money and I.D. was in the wallet.

“Um, Yeah it‘s mine. Thank you for returning it,” Arianna said.

“You’re welcome. You left it on the table, and I wanted to return it to you. Arianna, that is a beautiful name.”

“Um, yeah. Thanks, I guess. But how did it get on the table when it was in my purse?”

“No, you left it on the table.” William said.

“O.K. whatever you say.” said Arianna.

“Goodbye, Arianna. I will see you later.”

“Bye. Yeah sure, whatever.”

William gave her a weird look before he walked away. Arianna felt strange around him. She still couldn’t figure out how she knows him.

i like thriller and mystrey novels