Premonition | Teen Ink

Premonition

December 21, 2009
By JazzPaws BRONZE, South Weber, Utah
JazzPaws BRONZE, South Weber, Utah
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I ran down the rat infested alley, tripping and slipping with every step. My hair was plastered to my face, mud and blood smeared throughout the thick strands of brown. I ran with all my might, trying to find a place to hide. Suddenly, my foot found just the right spot to drop. The stilletto heel snapped off my boot and I went down, scraping my hands and knees, again.
"Crap." I said as I tried to pull off the other heel so I could continue to run. I could feel his footsteps getting closer. I started to tremble as I tried to stand, realizing with a horrible dread that my ankle was broken. I limped forward, groaning with each step.
"You though you could get away that easily?" He laughed. "Come on, you could have at least knocked me out before you tried to run away. That would have given you a head start." He lunged and grabbed my arm, squeezing hard as he pulled me back to that horrible home of his. I would not go back to my own personal heck, no way.
"Get off me! Help!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. What little breath I had left went into keeping my head from spinning.
"Like anyone can hear you." He smiled, his teeth glistening in the moonlight. It's hard to believe that I had ever fallen for this man, boy. He was only nineteen, a year older than me. I should have known he was trouble since the beginning.
"Please let me go. Why do you want me?" I pleaded, wishing my stilletto boots were still intact.
"This is what I do. Your much more fun to torment than any of the other girls." He laughed again as he pulled me towards the red door, the end of my life.
"No! No!" I screamed as he pulled me inside for the last time.

I woke suddenly, sweat soakening my bed and clothes. I wiped my forhead and tried to swallow. The dream was so real. I really thought that I was dead. I struggled out of bed groggily, looking at my alarm clock and realizing that I had forgotten to set my alarm clock last night.
"Crap." I said hotly under my breath. I rummaged through the clothes in my dresser and tried to hurry so I wouldn't be late for school. I ran up the stairs and grabbed a donut off the counter, left from last nights spur of the moment movie night. I ran outside into the cold air, pulling my coat closer as I started my old truck and pulled into the snow-filled cul-de-sack.
I raced through the lights, dodging slow cars and parking just as the five minute bell rang. I sighed and flipped down the visor, looking into the mirror. I quickly ran my hand through my hair. I looked like I had just woken up. I quickly rummaged through my jockey box and found some eyeshadow, lipgloss, and a ponytail holder. I quickly put the make-up on and hopped out of the truck, grabbing my backpack out of the truck box in the back.
Classes were a blur as I thought about my dream. Was it a little snippet of the future, or just a crazy dream? I shook my head and tried to relax. Dreams meant nothing. Just weird thoughts in your brain, that's all.
"Hey, Nate! What's up?" Joclynne asked from behind me.
"Oh, uh... nothing. What's up with you?" I asked, trying to mask my face and look like I had nothing better to do.
"Nothing here either. I guess both of our lives are boring." She answered with a sigh.
"Yup, apparently."
We walked silently, each of us lost in our own thoughts. Suddenly, Joclynne stopped walking and I started to turn around, but then my body walked into a hard something in front of me. I looked up into gorgoues eyes and a fantastic smile.
"Sorry." I blushed, my face going bright red as I stepped back.
"It's ok. I'm Brett."He smiled and held out his hand to me.
"I'm Natalie. Nice to meet you." I pulled my hand back quickly. "This is my friend Joclynne." I looked over my shoulder and saw her walk up to us.
"Nice to meet you." They both shook hands. Akward silence followed.
"Uh, sorry. I have to get going or my mom will flip." I said, turning half-way around. "See you later."
"See ya." Brett said as Joclynne and I walked towards the front of the school.
"Weird." Joclynne said.
"Weird." I nodded in agreement as I pulled out of my spot and into the long line in the parking lot.


The author's comments:
spur of the moment
This is just a short part. I will probably write more soon.