home alone | Teen Ink

home alone

By Munkey BRONZE, Springfiled, Illinois
Munkey BRONZE, Springfiled, Illinois

Home alone. For the first time, and at the worst possible time of the day… night.
I lay on the ground wondering both where they were coming back and if I was going to make it through the night. We live in the one of the worst parts of Chicago. My Mother said we were only going to through the night. We live in the one of the worst parts of Chicago. My Mother said we were only going to stay here until father gets his promotion Crack .crack. I hear foot steps. Then faint whispering. Sacred to death I run to my parents room. I am callin the cops! I thought to myself to I reached for the phone in my mothers room, when suddenly the power goes out! I manage to crawl under mothers bed. I brace myself for anything that would happen next.

More footsteps this time there very close . Now I bet there in the room! I cover my mouth, and try ever so hard not to scream. But my attempt fails and let out the tiniest little squeal. Just enough for them to locate my hiding place .I could feel that they were close enough to touch .Suddenly I saw a slight image Of a hand right about to lift up the bed skirt!! AND THEN ,AND THEN………………

I woke up.