Sophie | Teen Ink

Sophie

December 17, 2009
By madison johnson BRONZE, Mapleton, Illinois
madison johnson BRONZE, Mapleton, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Cool summer night, the excitement of what the night holds for me. Sweating hands, butterflies in my stomach, not knowing what to wear or what to expect. Jordan is the perfect guy, he’s charming, cute, and funny, but he is also a player. My friends have warned me about him, “don’t you dare go out with him he is no good for you” is what they told me. My first date with Jordan all I could think about was could this turn into something more or is just going to be another girl that he takes on one date, and things happen and then he kicks me to the curb, but I feel like there is something different about him.
I saw headlights appear on my wall and I knew that he was here, then the door bell rang and I ran downstairs to open the door but my mom already did and was carrying on a conversation with the boy of my dreams. I could only think about wow this is embarrassing. My mom was finally done harassing him, and we were in the car and on our way to his “special place” as he liked to call it. I have heard of this so called “special place” many girls thought they were special when they got to go there, but they got the boot just as girls before them did. Was I going to be the next girl on his check list?
I was nervous and I realized that we were getting close, Jordan put his hand on my on my thigh and I tried to control the butterflies I was feeling but I couldn’t help it. I told myself that I wasn’t going to be that next girl but I kind of wanted to, is that bad?
All I kept telling myself was Sophie stay strong don’t give in prove to everybody that you’re not going to be the next girl as we walked to the beach. He laid down a blanket and a picnic basket and we sat in silence for a second until he started talking, asking me if I liked corn dogs, because that’s what he brought for us to eat, and I said yes. After we finished eating we were sitting there and he grabbed my hand and held it, I was so nervous I could hardly stand it. Jordan moved closer and I wanted to move closer to him but I couldn’t breathe I was shaking inside, but I couldn’t let him see how nervous I was I had to stay strong. As we were talking he leaned in and kissed me and then kept kissing me, things started to relax for me it was becoming easier for me to breathe. As we laid back on the blanket he started to take things too far, and I wanted it to stop, and I told him to stop but he wouldn’t he just kept going.
I tried to push him off of me but he wouldn’t let me go, he kind of giggled like this was the plan to hurt me the way he was, and then I realized what he was doing to me but I couldn’t fight back he wouldn’t let me go, I was becoming scared and I wanted to get away, but I couldn’t. Things were going further and further, and he had me pinned down and wasn’t letting me go, he started to rip off all my clothes, and I started to cry and plead with him just let me go and I won’t tell anybody about this please, please just let me go. Jordan stopped for a second and then he looked at me and said this is what you wanted isn’t it to be popular and cool, well if you wouldn’t have been so difficult this wouldn’t be happening, now stop crying. I saw his fist raise in the air and then everything went black, when I woke up I was being dragged I started to scream and cry, and then I felt sharp pains all over my body, he had beaten me and I had a feeling that it wasn’t going to stop, he was dragging me further and further into the woods, I was so weak I couldn’t fight back.
We were so deep in the woods from what I could tell there was no sign of life anywhere was that going to be me too, no sign of life? Next thing I know we were stopped and he started to laugh and say you know that if you would have just done what I wanted you to do, this would have never happened to you. Now that you have been so difficult I’m going to have to do what I didn’t want to, but I had a feeling that it might come to this so I came prepared. He had brought a knife an actual knife and began to ram it into my body again and again, everything became calm I was at peace , there was no more pain no more anything, it was just cold and peaceful. I watched him walk away and he had a smirk on his face that I caught just as he passed under the slight bit of light from the moon. Jordan left me for dead in the middle of the woods all alone. This is where I remained for three days until a hunter found my body. I stood there in shock watching my mom have to identify me it was the hardest thing that she would ever have to do in her life. There was nothing that I could do to comfort her or hold her and tell her everything was going to be alright, I knew things aren’t alright, she had lost her only child. Nobody ever assumed that Jordan had killed me, he was the perfect guy charming, cute, and funny, but now I know that he is also a killer.


The author's comments:
i just like to write mystery stories and things that really get to the readers and scare them adds excitment thats what i like to read.