Midnight Wolf | Teen Ink

Midnight Wolf

December 14, 2009
By vampiresrock GOLD, Cornish, New Hampshire
vampiresrock GOLD, Cornish, New Hampshire
12 articles 0 photos 92 comments

Favorite Quote:
When life gives you oranges, make grape juice and sit back and let the world wounder how the hell you just did that.


Chapter 1
Howls in the Night


I’m running, running so fast. I’m running faster than my poor legs can manage. The scream their protest and I ignore them. There are crunching of sticks and small trees are falling down as they chase me. I’m in a clearing. There is silence behind me. I stop to catch my breath. I sit, they must have given up. I get up and try to reconize something, anything. No luck. I choose a direction and get ready to run.
SNAP!
There was the sound that was surely to lead to my death.
SNAP!
Closer this time. To close. Right behind me.
SNAP! SNAP! SNAP!
All around me now. They serrounded me. I couldn't escape, but I tried anyway.
That's when one of them stepped forward.
The wolf was bigger than me standing up. The eyes were a percing yellow compared to my blue ones. The fur was chocolate brown and the teeth were a defining color red. It shook and started to shrink. It grew hands and the tail and nose shank and the fur fell off and became human skin. I stared at him as I reconized who he was.
"Jack?" I yelped, my voice shakeing so much it was barely a wisper. He grinned nastyly and changed back into a wolf. He howled and the other wolves steped forward. I tried to run, but one of the wolves grabbed my arm and yanked me to the groung. I cried out in pain as blood pumped out of the wound. My vison was blurring and I knew I was going to die. The wolves closed in even more. My breathing started to turn into quick gasps. The biggest wolf, Jack, turned his head up to the full moon and howled. The midnight wolves had caught their pray. I felt a sharp pain in every cell in my body at the same time and I couldn't feel anything. I could just watch as they killed me, slowly and painfully. Soon I say nothing. I died.


The author's comments:
I had a dream and thought it would be good for a story, hope you like it.