Midnight Wolf | Teen Ink

Midnight Wolf

By vampiresrock GOLD, Cornish, New Hampshire
vampiresrock GOLD, Cornish, New Hampshire

When life gives you oranges, make grape juice and sit back and let the world wounder how the hell you just did that.

Chapter 1
Howls in the Night

I’m running, running so fast. I’m running faster than my poor legs can manage. The scream their protest and I ignore them. There are crunching of sticks and small trees are falling down as they chase me. I’m in a clearing. There is silence behind me. I stop to catch my breath. I sit, they must have given up. I get up and try to reconize something, anything. No luck. I choose a direction and get ready to run.
SNAP!
There was the sound that was surely to lead to my death.
SNAP!
Closer this time. To close. Right behind me.
SNAP! SNAP! SNAP!
All around me now. They serrounded me. I couldn't escape, but I tried anyway.
That's when one of them stepped forward.
The wolf was bigger than me standing up. The eyes were a percing yellow compared to my blue ones. The fur was chocolate brown and the teeth were a defining color red. It shook and started to shrink. It grew hands and the tail and nose shank and the fur fell off and became human skin. I stared at him as I reconized who he was.
"Jack?" I yelped, my voice shakeing so much it was barely a wisper. He grinned nastyly and changed back into a wolf. He howled and the other wolves steped forward. I tried to run, but one of the wolves grabbed my arm and yanked me to the groung. I cried out in pain as blood pumped out of the wound. My vison was blurring and I knew I was going to die. The wolves closed in even more. My breathing started to turn into quick gasps. The biggest wolf, Jack, turned his head up to the full moon and howled. The midnight wolves had caught their pray. I felt a sharp pain in every cell in my body at the same time and I couldn't feel anything. I could just watch as they killed me, slowly and painfully. Soon I say nothing. I died.

I had a dream and thought it would be good for a story, hope you like it.

on Jul. 23 2011 at 8:01 pm
Tongue_Blep PLATINUM, ????, Ohio
I LOVED the story. Though it still needs work. But really, you did a great job. In fact I can relate. I just finished a story called: Alien Invasion series: Book one: the caller, It was based on a dream as well. When it comes out, could you read it? Thanks! :)(: and keep writing!

on Apr. 1 2011 at 4:21 pm

thank you. i have more to write, i just ran out of time. i'll post more of it soon. i thank you for your opinion.

on Mar. 13 2011 at 4:44 pm
rubyrainstorm SILVER, Closter, New Jersey

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
-Buddha.

I thought your story was insteresting, but really had no point. It was interesting, but missing something. Who is Jack? What signifigance does he have to the story? You are a talented writer, but I suggest you write about a topic you can relate to. One that you could really back up with strong emotion. Overall though, this was a beautiful piece. Keep writing

on Nov. 24 2010 at 12:21 pm

well, i really appritiate your comment Inkfan! i can deal with critisism, good or bad! i'm going to post the better version soon, so keep the lookout, and please tell people about me! i need more feedback! Thank you so much, though!

Inkfan SILVER said...
on Nov. 23 2010 at 9:51 pm
Inkfan SILVER, Memphis, Tennessee

Age is irrelevant, because time is just a measurement!

Yay!  I'm the first person to comment...well, besides yourself :) 

The only gripe I have about this story is that you stop and start too much.  I hate being a bucket of cold water on people, so I hope my comment doesn't upset you! :)

I just sent my book out to 3 literary agents a few days ago, so I'm kind of in the same boat as you.  

I LOVE comments on my writing, too!  Actually, I think I'm the only one who's ever commented on my stuff...sad...so sad.

~Inkfan~

on Apr. 8 2010 at 7:38 pm

This is AMAZING! well...i think so...i'm the writer...i like feedback so please post! THANKS!--Vampiresrock77