The fifty year anniversery | Teen Ink

The fifty year anniversery

October 28, 2009
By Abbie Ragan BRONZE, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Abbie Ragan BRONZE, Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

On the most famous night in a town called Wichita a terrible thing happened.
Everyone in the town was gathered together to give awards to the best and kindest citizens. Most people didn’t think anything unusual was going on, but others knew better.
It was the fifty year anniversary of the tragedy that had torn apart the town. There was a man who went around murdering every father in the town. So families were torn apart and wives and children were heartbroken. They fund the killer and put him in prison. He was still alive to this day, rotting away in jail.
On the award night, four best friends were hanging out by the beach. They couldn’t care less about who won those awards. They were just having a fun time and then they noticed a strange man walking towards them. When he got close enough, one of them realized it was the murderer from fifty years ago! They recognized him from photographs they had seen.

They started to walk away, but the man kept following them. So they ran. When they finally reached the pier they thought they had lost them, but he was right beside them! One of the girls, Sidney, said, “What do you want?!” The man didn’t reply. He just stared at them. Then the man turned around and walked away.

“What a creeper” said John.

“Shut up John! That was so scary!” replied Darcy.

“Let’s get out of here” said Lucy. They then went to Sidney’s house. When they got there the man was in the living room.

“Get out of here!” screamed Lucy.

“Never” the man replied.

“Then what do you want?”

“What do I want?” he repeated, “I want the town to remember who I am”


Later that night the police got a call from Sidney’s neighbors. They were complaining about screams from the house. The police and everyone in the town searched for the four friends but, sadly, they were never seen again… All the evidence that was found was a note that said “Do you remember now.”
THE END