Torture | Teen Ink

Torture

October 23, 2009
By sunshine_dazeys GOLD, Brattleboro, Vermont
sunshine_dazeys GOLD, Brattleboro, Vermont
13 articles 0 photos 4 comments

The walls were covered with dried blood, and the whole room was filled with the rank stench of decay. The skeletons of tortured souls lay on the floor in defeated heaps. Screams echoed off the dark, damp walls, and they belonged to someone. A girl.
The girl was in a forgotten corner of the secluded room, tied up to some device that would cause her so much pain she couldn’t even think straight. The odd contraption had many buttons and levers, each one holding a different secret leading to her torture.
A door opened on the other side of the room, letting in a tiny sliver of light before slamming shut again. A man walked over to where the girl was quietly whimpering. He looked at her and laughed a cruel, relentless laugh. Suddenly, he reached out and pulled the first lever that his hand touched. The girl’s body started flattening out against a wooden plank. She was being ripped apart, limb from limb, and the mysterious man who was causing it just sat back and smirked. The girl closed her eyes and began to scream.
“I want to be somewhere else. I want to be somewhere else. I want to be somewhere else. I want…”
The man walked over to the girl, stuck his face in hers, and opened one of her eyes, so it looked like she was frightfully winking at him.
“Keep repeating it to yourself…but you’re not going anywhere.”

The author's comments:
this was prompted by my friend. well, she gave me a part of this story, the dialogue part, and i wrote the story around it. my stories dont usually have dialogue in them.