The King | Teen Ink

The King

October 23, 2009
By GrinGo BRONZE, Albuquerque, New Mexico
GrinGo BRONZE, Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I wake up.. I can’t remember anything about how I got here. What is this strange place? The smell is terrible! It seems to be a pitch black basement, with a single window where a glow of moonlight can come in. After a minute I make myself get up and try to feel for some light source. I hear some sort of rustling in the corner but I believe it’s a rat.

I finally manage to flick a switch on after many minutes of stumbling. Stains of blood splatters are all across the walls. But wait there’s bottles of ketchup scattered everywhere? I move towards what I see door way. As I climb up the creaking steps the door flings open and yet no one is there.I make my way though the house and a light flicks on and it’s The King from Burger King clapping in a chair. He stands up as I back away and he tells me I don’t have to worry I passed. I ask him what I passed, and he tells me the initiation. “For what?” I say. Well to work at Burger King of course! Working for fast food isn’t all what I thought.


The author's comments:
I saw a picture where there was The King was looking in a window in a dark basement. So that inspired me.