Schools Out:Part 2 | Teen Ink

Schools Out:Part 2

October 22, 2009
By JeffN GOLD, Moore, Oklahoma
JeffN GOLD, Moore, Oklahoma
16 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"God Put Us Here On This Carnival Ride, We Close Our Eyes, Never Knowing Where It Will Take Us Next..." Carrie Underwood--Carnival Ride


One Year Later
Last Day of School
May 25th

Brooke Alstat sat at the library table with several books in front of her. She read the chapter as Michele paced back in forth in front of the table, eager and ready to leave the school she had been waiting to leave for the past ten months.

The last days of school was the day every student was happy to leave and go to college, or have two months of freedom only to go back to high school in only two months. But Brook Alstat was in a library at 8:00 at night searching through books getting the answers for a test she didn’t score right (to her standards).

“Come on Brooke lets get out of here, like everyone else is!” Michele put her hands on the table and peered down at Brooke with serious eyes.

“Michele, I told you to go ahead, I am just studying for this test.”

“You already took the test!” She shouted.

The librarian was setting books back and looked up and glared, Michele gave a slight smile.

She bent her head down father and whispered, “You already took the test like two days ago.”

Brooke looked up and took off her glasses. “Yes and I got a C on it, do you think my parents like that? No. So I have to be in this library at...” she looked at her watch, “at 8:00 to study for a test I took two days ago. I am glad that Mrs. Kelly is giving me another chance. And I already told you to go ahead; I was going to call you when I was done.” Brooke stared.

“Well I am not leaving a friend behind. And there is a party I want to take you so you can actually lose it.” Michele smiled and nodded and sat down in the nearest chair to Brooke.

Brooke rolled her eyes, “I told you I wanted to wait a little bit and actually find some one decent then a drunken college freshman.” Brooke put on her glasses and went back to studying.

“Really? I mean who in this world ever waits for someone decent? No one.” Michele got closer to Brooke and whispered. “Get it over with and maybe you won’t be so grouchy.”

Brooke looked up and slapped her shoulder. Michele giggled, “You know I am right.” Said Michele.

“Can you just leave and wait till I call you?”

“See?” Michele pointed out, “you are grouchy and I just don’t like it. You need to lose it so you can be awesome like me.” Michele grinned.

Brooke shook her head, “Maybe I am always grouchy is because someone is bugging me all the time!”

The librarian looked up again from her desk with another glare, Michele looked down, embarrassed.

“I’m just joking. But I strongly agree to you losing it and getting it over with. But if you wanna stay innocent then go right ahead you can just dance and flirt with people I guess.”

“Isn’t that what you do at parties?” Brooke asked.

“Ummm hell to the no, I sleep with everyone.”

“Someone is going to hell.” Brooke laughed.

“Very funny,” Michele slapped her arm lightly. “Listen you finish up, I am going to get a blanket from the car because it’s freezing some of my ass off.” Michele got up and started to walk out of the library.

“Be careful you don’t want to end up like Amy Fisher, gone never to be seen again.” Brooke looked up and gave her the look a mother would give there daughter when they were leaving at night to go to a friends house.

“Yeah like I am some Amy Fisher,” Michele stopped at the door with her hand on the knob smiling.

“Well they believe she went missing at the school,” Brooke gave her a sarcastic smile.

“All they found was a broken door; anyone could’ve done that when school ended, probably one of the jocks.”

“I’m just saying, be careful.”

“Yes mother,” she said it sarcastically and Brooke smiled.

Brooke went back to her work reading the chapters that came by one at a time.


Michele walked down the main staircase and the growing tension of someone behind her grew. She looked back a couple times only to see nothing but the dim lights of a school that was long past closing.

She walked down through the parking lot, her car parked close to the main doors. She got her keys ready and went to the driver’s side door.

With keys in hand, she noticed the door was opened by an inch. The cold hard wind blew and her dark black hair covered her face. Michele turned around and looked… no one in sight. A dog barked, and something in the distance howled and somewhere in the darkness, glass broke. She got in the car quickly locking the door, looking out the window making sure no one was around.

A minute passed. Nothing. She sighed and breathed, the thought of Amy Fisher came into her mind but it was simply pushed out as if to forget it like it never happened. Amy was probably in Mexico doing God knows what. She wasn’t dead, and the broken door at the school was a prank it was just a prank…

Something moved in the back seat. Michele froze. Her heart beat started going fast but it all seemed like everything was so still.

A small voice echoed from the back seat and Michele eyes widened. “Schools out…”

The ten inch blade went through the seat and impaled Michele through the stomach. Michele screamed and looked down seeing the blade that was poking out of her stomach. The warm blood was oozing out and down her shirt.

She couldn’t feel anything, just the blade that was poking out. She felt numb. The blade was pulled out and a pain struck her so fast.

Her hand went to the door latch and the blade went through again, she screamed in pain. She pulled on the door knob again and she realized it was locked. The knife went out and went back in and she yelped.

She unlocked the door and opened it, getting stabbed again. She fell on her knees on the pavement. She screamed, “Help! Brooke!” She crawled on her hands feeling the blood pouring out of her abdomen. Pain came and then came weakness; she was losing blood and fast. She tried standing up but fell down to the ground. She saw the main door to the school it was only fifty feet away.

The thought of Get up, get up rushed in and out of her head. She got up again and it strained her and another pain shot through her stomach, she screamed and fell down again.

She turned her head around and saw a foot coming out of the door. Her eyes widened with fear. Michele turned back to the school, “Brooke! Oh my God someone help me!”

The man was out of the car, his face hidden in a blue hoodie, Michele couldn’t see his face under the darken moon light. Another cold harsh wind blew and Michele started to craw back in panic to the doors for help.


The knife was ready and the sharp blade was facing down, ready to kill anything that moved. Michele looked back again and saw he started to walk towards her. “No! No! Someone please! Don’t hurt me please!” Michele was screaming but that too was getting hard to do. Her body felt so weak, just screaming was hard to do. She couldn’t feel her stomach and her legs felt tingly. Soon she couldn’t even crawl.

She turned her body, her back facing the door and her front side facing him as he walked closer and closer. “Please, I didn’t do anything!”

The killer stopped and Michele’s gasps lessened. He cocked his head and a moment’s pause that seemed like an hour for Michele. He clenched the knife and turned up the blade right side up. Michele was confused and looked back at the school for any sign of help.

He ran at her, Michele screamed. He raised the knife and came down with the knife slicing it across Michele’s neck. Blood squirted out and sprayed. Michele fell on her back, her hands clasping the wound trying to keep pressure on it, but too much blood was being lost.

Her body shook out of control. Blackness came to her eyes and she felt cold, and her body was not hers anymore. She died minutes later.

The man looked at the body studying it. He took the knife and stabbed the body in a blood thirsty fashion; he stabbed over and over grunting.

To Be Continued

The author's comments:
This is the second part to my story Schools Out.
I hope you enjoy iy.