Scary Movie Gone Wrong | Teen Ink

Scary Movie Gone Wrong

“Hurry up Selenia! Let’s Go.” My best friend Jade was running towards me. Tonight was a Friday. That meant sleepover at her house. The best part was that today was the 13th, so that meant we would watch scary movies all night. And her parents were gone all weekend.

When we got there Halloween 2 started playing. Michael Myers was awesome. Pretty soon all of our friends started filling up the house and we were really into the movie. Someone knocked on the door and I got up to answer it. There was no one there. That was strange. Then the phone rang and again no one was there. When Jade got up to use the restroom and she didn’t return we all got freaked out. More scary movies kept playing and more strange things kept happening. I fell asleep on the couch and had the weirdest dream.
“Aaaaaaahhhh!” I’m screaming as I run down the hall gasping and tripping. I know that screaming won’t help the situation but the fear makes me. All I have to do is get to the door. Once I get outside, I won’t be trapped. It will be harder to hide, but it will be dark soon. I look forward and freeze. The hall I’m in now splits up about 5 feet away. I think about choosing the one with all of the footprints but I remember that none of the people that went in there lived. So, I went to the right.

I’m starting to regret my choice. The corridor looks so long, I’m afraid I won’t make it. I look back to see if I can return, what I see terrifies me.

The “thing” is behind me. It’s close to 7 feet tall, looks pretty strong it must be a guy. He’s wearing a mask so I can’t see his face, not sure I want to. It seems to be about 2 meters behind me, getting closer with every stride. It has a blood stained knife raised in its right hand. I push my legs extra-hard, trying to gain speed and therefore gain distance between us. I know it wants to kill me but I don’t know why. It’s not like I’m going to stop and ask it. That’s exactly what my best friend Jade would tell me to do- of course she would be kidding, but I couldn’t stop thinking about it.

I don’t know why or what caused me to do this, probably my survival instincts, but I stopped dead in my tracks, turned around, smiled and said, “Hi!”

Wow. Through the mask I can see the shock. “Uh…” Apparently he was at a loss for words. Kind of as if I scared him. Funny thought, me a short blonde haired girl scaring Dr. Hideous over there.

“My name is Selenia. What’s yours?” I kept going. He wasn’t charging at me. My sudden actions had actually stopped him for a minute.

“Uh…” His eyes were wide. I decided to joke around.

“Your name is Uh?” I raised my left eyebrow.

“No, i- i-it’s Strify.”He still sounded confused.

“Interesting name.”

“Yea.” His voice wasn’t deep how I expected it to be. It actually sounded normal. Funny how we had talked for less than 2 minutes and the terror had vanished. I didn’t feel safe but I wasn’t scared stiff either. I was so curious I wanted to know why he was after me and why he had killed all the other people. I was stupid and brave enough to stop in the middle of a death race and say hi, but I couldn’t bring myself to ask him a question. My mouth wouldn’t open.

“Your name is Selena right?”

“No its Selenia” My answer sounded more like a question but I didn’t think he had noticed.

“Selenia?”

“Mhmm.” An awkward silence filled the halls. It was silent for about 5 minutes.

I couldn’t take it anymore. I had to know. “Why were you chasing me?”

“Why were you running?” He challenged.

“Because you were chasing me!” no duh.

“Because you were running.”

“Well I thought you were going to kill me.”

“What?”

“Yeah!”

“Why would you think I would kill you?”

“Hello! You running after me with blood stained overalls and a butcher knife in your hand?! That kind of shouts, “Danger Alert; Serial killer slash rapist!”

“Well excuse me for being dirty once in my life.”

We stayed silent for a few minutes. I shivered, I realized I was cold hungry and tired.

Apparently he noticed too because he said, “Are you cold?” He sounded incredulous though.

“Yes.”

“I have a sweater in my house. Er- I could go get it for you, if you want me to that is.”

“Where do you live?”

“Just 3 or 4 streets away. I mean you can come if you want to and if you trust me enough not to kill you.”

I knew I shouldn’t trust him but I was cold and moving might help that. “Kay.”

He leaned down as if to help me up, but thought better of it and simply said, “Let’s go.”

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

“Come in.” He invited.
“Kay.” I stepped inside. The room looked like the kitchen it was a beige color. It had black marble counters with pots and pans hanging from the top. The glass table had dark red roses in a very pretty vase. I looked at the stove and saw a huge turkey with mashed potatoes and a strawberry cake next to it. My stomach growled right then. I heard a chuckle.
“You’re hungry.” He didn’t ask me it sounded more like a statement.
“Yeah. I like your house it’s nice and warm.” I had only seen the kitchen but I felt better at once.
“Thanks, Sit.” He sounded funny; I never thought he would say thanks.
I sat down without an argument. In 30 seconds he had set a plate with turkey and mashed potatoes right in front of me. “Eat.” I guessed he liked short sentences right then.
Again I ate without a word. It was really good too, I wondered if he had cooked it. I finished my food and he set a piece of cake right under my nose. I was surprised I looked up and saw him staring at me intently.
“What?” He had made me self-conscious.
“Nothing.” He kept looking at me.
“UGH!” I groaned and turned back to my cake. Again he laughed quietly.
I had finished and I was almost asleep right on top of the plates. I think I did because I felt really strong arms around me and then I felt a nice and warm bed under me.

That was when I woke up, and finished watching Saw IV.