Gone... | Teen Ink

Gone...

By Katuria:D GOLD, Miami, Florida
Katuria:D GOLD, Miami, Florida

3:40 am.

I should’ve been sleeping, but my mind wouldn’t allow it. It was too busy pouring over thoughts of him. My lungs seemed like they would give out, my body protested, wanting him near. My eyes always seeking him out. I missed him. His name was Vince, and he was my everything. We’d known each other forever, and the plan was for forever and ever. But then. He died. It was so sudden, a kiss goodbye, a whispered “I love you.”, and he rode away in his car. 15 minutes later I got the call. It changed my life forever. I couldn’t help but think how crazy it was that the tiniest fragment of a second, could alter your life so much. My view of the world would never be the same, everything seemed… gray. I concentrate and fell into an almost sleep state, when suddenly, I heard it.

“Annie.” My eyes burst open. I knew that voice. Could it be? Or was I just exhausted? I sat bolt upright, the darkness and anticipation heavy on my shoulders. Then a hand, terribly cold yet wonderfully familiar, rested on my shoulder.

“Vince?” my voice quivered, my heart pounded.

It was him, I could see his face clear as day, yet so pale it was. I reached out my hand, just to be sure. “How could it be my love? You died. You look dead.”

“Does it matter? It’s me Annie. I’m here, I’m here. I’ll never leave you again” He leaned forward and his lips where on mine. A ferocious chill rocketed through my body and I pulled away gasping. “What’s the matter?” His face was suddenly brighter, glowing. A knock at the door. I twisted my head.

“Honey, who are you talking to?” My mother inquired.

“It’s Vince mom! He’s back!” I twisted my head back.
He was gone.

A week had passed since then. Vince visited every night, but he always avoided my kisses. I knew he was real, I was certain. I heard the whispers between my parents though. They thought I was mad. They noticed the fact that I had become increasingly withdrawn, and they heard my whispers late at night, but only I could see him. They where scared. But I didn’t care. My every thought was of Vince. I shut out the lights, and closed my eyes, waiting for his arrival…

“Annie” his body was against mine. Cold, so cold. I turned to kiss him, but he denied. His face glowing, and so warm. A while past and I closed my eyes. My head against his chest. So silent, so tranquil. Then he spoke. “Annie you must listen to me. They’re going to send you away. You must not be afraid. I will save you.” He leaned down and kissed me. Once again, the cold surged through my body, but Vince’s was so warm. And then.
He was gone.

Another week. I was placed in an institute. White walls, barred windows, white floors. Why was I here? I stared blankly at the ceiling, never blinking. Vince.

“Annie. Annie look at me darling.” No not Vince. A man yes, but not Vince. He scribbled on his ugly little clipboard. My eyes found his. They did not move. He stared back, then he switched his gaze to the floor. I smiled and he spoke. “Do you realize why you are here Annie? You are sick, you must accept that to get better. You will get better, if you cooperate. Do you want to get better Annie?” He stroked his beard.

“I’m perfectly fine.” He sighed. And I grinned. He was dissatisfied.

“I’ll be back later to check on you. You may be sleeping. Goodnight Annie.” I did not blink I did not move. The second the door shut, I spit at the spot his shoe had once occupied. I crawled into bed and waited. Oh please Vince, come soon…

I woke up terrified, sweat and hair plastered to my face.

“Vince!” I screamed. No answer. “VINCE!!” still nothing. I turned to the camera, to the vermin watching.

“You.” I seethed. “What have you done!?” I began thrashing in my bed uncontrollably.

“You vermin! You did this! You made it so that he cant see me!! Give me Vince!!” My emotions were ranging. My eyes began crying, and my hands began to flail, pounding the walls until little red drops began to trickle. I yanked at my hair, and wept. The door crashed open, and 3 men cam rushing to me.

“Just give me Vince, please, please!” I slapped and kicked. Then the man with the ugly clipboard walked in, he was holding a syringe that glistened in my face while the other men pinned me down.

“Annie listen to me! Listen to me good! You are sick! There is no Vince! There never has been, never will be!” The syringe broke the surface of my skin and I could feel the cold liquid flowing through my veins.

“No, no, it can’t be… Vince.”

The tranquilizer had worn off. I was strapped to my bed. Oh Vince, save me!

“Annie” he called. I cried in relief. My eyes welling with tears yet again.

“Vince! I thought they did something! I thought I would never see you again!” I pressed him towards me.

“ Of course Annie! I could never stay away from you. I love you!” I hugged him tighter. “Oh Vince your so warm.”

“I love you so much, but I’m so cold on the inside Annie. I need to know. Do you love me?” I was shocked.

“Yes! Yes of course I do! I would do anything for you!”

He smiled. He pressed his lips to mine, and the cold surge erupted through my body again, worse then ever. Like death itself. But I did not fight it. Vince. Then…
I was gone.

on Jan. 16 2010 at 4:57 pm
KiraKira PLATINUM, Cardiff By The Sea, California

Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and above all, pity those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

This was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Loved it loved it loved it! :D

on Jan. 15 2010 at 5:12 pm
Amanda Fox BRONZE, Naples, Florida
That was truly amazing! Very well done! I loooooooved the ending!! :)

leumas19 said...
on Dec. 16 2009 at 9:04 pm
very VERY well done kat :D the story is gripping, emotional, suspenseful, and spectacular XD and im not just saying that lol

mari14 SILVER said...
on Nov. 25 2009 at 10:11 pm
mari14 SILVER, MI, Florida

"Love or oxygen, you need both to live and pump your heart." -By Mari

I love how the story leaves you hanging with ideas bcuz of it's suspense :)

mari14 SILVER said...
on Nov. 21 2009 at 1:55 pm
mari14 SILVER, MI, Florida

yay im the first person to comment lmfao

I love the story katy :D