The Fron Door Neighbor | Teen Ink

The Fron Door Neighbor

September 28, 2009
By B-Rabbit SILVER, Dallas, Texas
B-Rabbit SILVER, Dallas, Texas
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It was a typical Sunday morning. Genesis wakes up and hops off his bed. He yawns, stretches, and opens the curtain to let some light in, but when he turns around he sees something new with the corner of his eye. He turns around quickly and stares at the house in front of his. It has a sign on the front yard that says “sold”. He wonders who would be the next people to live there. As a candy red sixty seven mustang with the windows tinted and some really expensive looking chrome rims pulls up the driveway he gets surprised. His mouth and eyes opens wide with shock.
The car door then opens. It’s a really good looking blonde. She stands around five foot six. He gets even more surprised. His heart starts beating faster and faster every second. He then takes a couple of steps back and thinks about going over. He opens his closet and drawer and gets his clothes out and rapidly changes. He goes downstairs and runs through the front door. He runs over the mailman on his way to the blonde girl’s house. He gently knocks at the door and by itself it opens slowly.
Carefully, Genesis walks in and says hello out loud but there is no reply. He gets the feeling she might be busy or something so he steps outside and waits for her to show up. Several hours later there is still no appearance. He starts to wonder what is going on. Then he starts to think something bad happened to her but maybe that’s what he thinks of watching too many movies. He decides to wait a few minutes for her but it isn’t doing any good, the sun is already fading away. A second later the door squeaks open. He turns around quickly that he almost breaks his neck.
He suspects that there’s a reason why the house was on sale. Genesis had about enough of this non sense. He decides to go in looking for her. As soon as he takes a few steps inside the house the door shuts closed. He jumps and turns with fright in his eyes. He wants to go back but the door is somehow locked. He feels a presence behind him that makes his hairs on his back stand up. Genesis turns around, closes his eyes, and takes a deep breath. He can hear voices whispering to him. He can’t understand them because it’s too many talking all at once. He gets more frightened by the second. He hears his name whispered behind him, but he thinks its all in his mind.
He hears footsteps walking towards him. He stands still, praying that nothing bad happens to him. Time is ticking and by the minute the sun fades away and it’s even darker now. He looks around to see if he can find a light switch but it’s too dark. Seconds later by a blink of an eye the lights turn on by themselves, he starts to regret looking for her. He continues to walk and sees the kitchen and walks towards it. But he doesn’t know what waits for him.