The Vampire Chronicles: Part 1-Allison (6) | Teen Ink

The Vampire Chronicles: Part 1-Allison (6)

September 26, 2009
By TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois
TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois
183 articles 7 photos 484 comments

Favorite Quote:
He's the one I call in the middle of the night. He's the one who makes everything alright. He loves me with no regret...I just haven't found him yet.


I felt my knees begin to shake as I collapsed on to the couch. I couldn't believe it. I was being stalked by a vampire. What if he bit me? What if he turned me into a vampire too? What if he was going to turn my mom into a vampire? What if he already did?
"Are you ok?" Daniel asked me, as he reached out his hand to help me up.
"I'm fine." I replied. I looked out the window as officer Deblin stood on the sidewalk with his mouth hanging open and his eyebrows raised in shock. Officer Camden had the same expression on his face.
"Wow. Did you see how fast he ran? That's like, not even possible!" Daniel complimented and shook his head in disbelief. Officer Deblin walked back in through the front door.
"Whoa. That guy is..." He trailed off at the end, not even knowing how to describe the vampire.
"So what are you gonna do now?" I asked.
"I'm not sure. All I know is that he must have ran track in high school because that was incredible!" replied officer Deblin. I didn't want to tell him what my theory about Alexander was, because he would most likely think I was crazy.
"Well can we please stop freaking out about how fast he is and think of something to do to stop him?" I asked, frustrated.
"Like what? I've been a cop for eleven years, but never in my life have I ever seen someone like him. I'm not even sure if I can stop him!" That really made me mad.
"My mom is missing and you're just giving up?!?" I shouted.
"Well what do you suggest I do?" he asked. Then I came to the only conclusion that could possibly work.
"You don't have to do anything. It's me he wants. I just have to give him what he wants and then he'll let my mom go." I stated.
"Allison, don't give yourself up to him." Daniel pleaded.
"Let her do what she wants Daniel. If this is your final decision then go for it." replied officer Deblin.
"Dad, how could you say that?" Daniel asked.
"Well it's her choice. I shouldn't have to tell her what to do. She won't listen to me anyways. Just like the park situation." officer Deblin defended himself.
"Why are you acting like you don't care what happens to me?" I asked, confused. “You’re a cop; isn’t it your job to protect me?”
He glared at me, but didn't answer. Then he pulled out his cell phone and quickly sent a text to somebody. "If you want to save your mom then go ahead." he told me icily. And before I knew it, Alexander was knocking on the window, staring at me.
"Oh my gosh! You're on his side!" I shouted. Officer Deblin smiled an evil smile.
"You finally figured it out. I guess you aren't as stupid as I thought." Then he opened the window and Alexander hopped inside.
"Nice to see you again Allison." he greeted me. Daniel and officer Camden stood in complete shock as this all happened. Then as I opened my mouth to speak Alexander swung me onto his back and began sprinting out through the window.
Before I knew it, I was in the middle of a forest, in an open meadow.
"What are we doing here?" I asked.
"You're becoming one of us." Alexander told me.
"Us?" Then as if on cue, my mom walked out from behind the trees.
Her eyes were gold, her skin was pale, and she even had that same eerie smile as Alexander. She was a vampire.
"Mom!" I called out to her.
"Hello Allison. I'm so happy to see you again." She didn't even sound excited or run over to hug me or anything!
"Mom, what happened?" I asked her.
"That's not important right now." she told me.
"But I want to know how all of this happened! I've been so worried about you!" I exclaimed.
"There's no need to worry about me. I'm fine." she remarked.
"Fine." I gave up in trying to convince her to tell me. "Well could you at least tell me what exactly is going on here? What's up with you and officer Deblin?" I asked Alexander.
"Well we met each other in high school. And we've been friends ever since. I told him about my plan to capture you and your mother and he agreed to help me. Although, he still doesn't know that I'm a vampire. But I'm pretty sure you've figured that out by now, right?" he replied.
"Yeah." That was all I could say since I was still in a state of shock. I couldn't believe that I'd ever trusted officer Deblin. How did he even become a police officer? He's the one who should be arrested.
"He also helped me break out of jail. And he only told you not to go to the park that one night because he knew that if he told you to go it would sound suspicious. I mean what police officer tells you to go to a park at midnight because some strange 'stalker' told you to?" He put air quotes around the word stalker.
"So what are you going to do to me now? Turn me into a vampire?" I asked in horror.



"Correct." That eerie smile spread across his face and I shuttered.
"But I'm Team Jacob." I responded.
He rolled his eyes and replied, "That's not going to help you. I don't care if you're Team Jacob or Team Edward. I'm still going to turn you into one of us. It's either that or die."
"What if I was Team Switzerland?" Now I was trying to stall time so that I could think of a plan to get out of this.
"Team what?" he asked, confused.
"That's when you like both Edward and Jacob." I informed him.
"I don't care what team you are!" he shouted.
I trembled in fear and muttered, "Well ok then." Then Alexander stepped forward and bared his teeth. I flinched in response and caught a glimpse of my mom's arm. On it was a bight mark. The same bight mark that was on my dad's arm after he died. I froze in place. "You killed my father."
Alexander took a step back and crossed his arms.
"Correct." he spat. Then he sneered and continued, "But your father deserved to die."
"No he didn't!" I cried out. Great, now I was crying.
"Yes. He did. He figured out that I was a vampire and I knew that he wouldn't be able to keep the secret. There for I had no choice, but to kill him. If he hadn't found out he wouldn't have died. So it was his own fault." He tried to make up this ridiculous excuse but I didn't buy it.
"No one deserves to die except for you." I told him icily. Then I sneered at him and turned to my mom. "Did you know about this?" I asked her.
"Yes, he told me. And I'm ok with it." she replied casually.
"Mom! What is wrong with you?!? What has he done to you?!?"
"He's shown me that I need to stop moping over your father and move on. And that's exactly what I'm doing. Now I would be very pleased with you if you'd just cooperate with us. We are going to have a perfect family! I've already started to plan our wedding!" she squealed.
My mouth dropped open. "Wedding?!? You're marrying Alexander?!?" I cried out. How could she possibly marry the man who killed my dad?
"Yep!" When she saw the upset expression on my face, she frowned and turned to Alexander. He smiled at her reassuringly and looked over at me. "Allison, don't make this hard for me. I will turn you into a vampire. I will marry your mother. And you will not argue about it." he declared.
"Who made you president?" I asked sarcastically. "It's a free country, I don't have to do what you say." I felt confident as I spoke these words, but my confidence began to subside as Alexander bared his teeth.
Then before I knew it, Alexander pounced up and bit down right above my elbow. The pain was so horrible that I passed out and everything went black.

The author's comments:
Please rate and comment!