Tonight They Come (Page 9)

The ferry tooted its horn three times and slowly made its way towards us. Dawn was just starting to show as we sat to wait for the rescuer. We all sat together and stared at the beautiful water path of freedom. Ambo laid her head down onto my lap and closed her precious eyes. Mom and dad were hugging each other and acting all ‘lovey dovey.’ Even though I was disgusted, I smiled happy that we had made it.
Papa sat on my right leaning back on his hands with a big old smile on his face. “You know something Kiki?”
“Hmm?” I asked contently.
“Those darn soldiers tore my jacket. Now what am I going to do with a big old hole the size of a basketball in my jacket? I guess I can’t get any more use out of it anymore.” He chuckled.
Then Papa stood up and threw his jacket into the river and watched it float away. “I knew that there would be one day that I had to say goodbye to that jacket, but at least it was for a good reason!”

He laughed and put his arm around me.

kiwisunshine said...
I loved it! I'm glad I can see more in the future! :)

kiska_puppy11 replied...
Thanks M&M!

kimber said...
WOW!!! I read all of them and they are great. im gonna be looking for the sequel :p

Ashlynrae said...
This piece was very different from anything else on the site. Keep up the good work. Can't wait for the sequel. I would love your feedback on my work!

kiska_puppy11 said...
Oct. 8, 2009 at 11:20 am
I am currently writing a sequel called "Tonight We Come." It is going to be the soldier's point of view. Thanks :)

writerscramp said...
Wow! i liked it! a lot! thanks, and please please please do more like this!

Kitten111 said...
Oct. 2, 2009 at 2:53 am
awwww not his jacket :( joking :P nah your a really good writer you were right when you said that you put your heart into this and wrote what you were feeling ..... you havnt wrote about all that typical stuff and I loved all the daring chances you took in writing this...you kept me entertained for all 9 parts :)

SilverAngel replied...
Oct. 3, 2009 at 9:53 am
I loved the entire story!

dancer4jesus replied...
I read all 9 of them! great job in keeping the reader hooked into the plot! That was really good! Hope you do the sequel soon :)