The Perfect Girl. | Teen Ink

The Perfect Girl.

September 19, 2009
By AwesomeAley GOLD, Levittown, Pennsylvania
AwesomeAley GOLD, Levittown, Pennsylvania
15 articles 0 photos 17 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Forget about yesturday it doesn't matter, Live for today as tho life doesn't matter, Wish for a tommorow as good as today and hopefully it will be better" -aley (me)


There once was a sweet innocent perfect girl. This perfect girl had the perfect life. She had the perfect boyfriend and the perfect best friend. The perfect parents and the perfect grades. Her life was perfect until she discovered what truly happens beyond your mirror. You think your mirror is just a reflection right? Well, your wrong. Your mirror is a portal to a completely different world it’s the same world as ours but the only difference is every person in you’re your so mirror looks just like you but has a completely different personality like if your shy its confident and vise versa. But if you were to switch places with double then problems start because it is your opposite so it has different friends with the same faces as yours but different personalities. Everyone notices and things happen. But first let me tell you about Alexandra Nicole Dunlap the girl with the perfect life.


5:30 Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Sounded the alarm clock making Aley wake up for school. “Time to wake sleeping beauty” called my dad as he opened my door a crack “I’m up dad” “just making sure” he said as he closed the door again and walked back to his bed to sleep for another hour or so. Aley got up and brushed her hair and teeth then went towards her closet. “What should I wear today” she said to herself as she looked through the hangers at her various outfits from Abercrombie & Finch, Hollister, Abercrombie, etc. and finally picked out a pink plaid skirt with a white shirt, black vest and matching skinny tie. And as usual she looked perfect just like her life. At School she met up with her boyfriend Kevin Nelms “Hey A.n.d.” that was the one flaw in her life her initials were and she hated it when people called her it. “You know I hate that nickname kevie” he rolled his eyes she came up with that cause he kept calling her and. Then the first bell rang.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~School~Day~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a perfect day at school yet again with her perfect grades she came home to her perfect parents and began to get ready for the football game tonight of course she was head cheerleader and of course he boyfriend was the star quarterback. She put on her tight red and blue top with the matching even tighter skirt. And headed to the game in witch for good luck gave her boyfriend a kiss for which he didn’t mind and won the game 24-0. After going home discovered what at first she thought was wonderful.

Why can’t my life be at least a little un-perfect? She said as she looked in the mirror. “Because my life sucks” her reflection said. She stared at her reflection as though she must be crazy. “What are you looking at?” her reflection said again. “How are you talking to me your just a reflection” she said, “well you started talking to me first” he reflection countered. “True but I didn’t think mirrors could talk” “well I answer your question so maybe I should just go” her reflection started to walk away even thought she didn’t even move a mussel. “Wait, why does your life suck?” “Because yours is perfect are worlds are parallel if my world sucks yours is perfect, and vise versa.” “I feel bad for you” Aley said. “well I know how you can fix things without ruining your life..” said her reflection “come closer” Aley leaned towards the mirror and her Reflection pulled her in and came through to are world and as Aley banged on the mirror she couldn’t get through “enjoy your new life” her now her reflection said.

The author's comments:
i came up with this after reading about a disease that makes people talk to them selves through mirrors so i thought it would be cool if the mirror took you.