Alternate Ending to Twilight

The prom was the epitome of all I hated. Nevertheless, if Edward was happy swaying to the music and having inane conversations with shallow people, who was I to stop him?

“Bella, what are you thinking? You know I can’t read your mind,” Edward chuckled at his own bit of irony. Once again, I was incredibly glad that, by some weird freak of nature, I was the only person in the whole world that Edward couldn’t read the mind of. I just knew that he would begin harping about the fact that I should be enjoying my life, vitality, and youth.

“Just wondering when we can leave. Edward, please, let’s go,” I whined shamelessly. I had a few ideas on what we could do that didn’t involve sashaying across a dance floor.

“Where do you want to go? This is your one and only prom. Tonight’s a night you’ll always remember.” Obviously, he still believed that my living a ‘normal’ life was the best thing for me.

“First of all, this is my Junior Prom. So technically, I still have the Senior Prom to attend. Secondly, I want to remember this night for a totally different reason,” I took a deep breath, “Edward, I want to become like you. All you have to do is bite me, and we can be together forever like this. Then, I can go to as many proms as you want.”

“Bella, I’m not changing you. We agreed that this was enough. You need to live your life, and I am not going to turn you into a monster like me. So, the answer is no,” he finished.

“Edward, I’m going to become a vampire, one way or another.”

Freewut said...
Okay, to everyone out there, perhaps I labeled the whole thing incorrectly.  I didn't mean to imply that I was going to change the ending a lot.  Basically, I just meant that, "Yeah, I changed the wording."  And in my defense this was something I wrote quickly just to get it done for class.  So, that's it, thanks for the comments, and maybe check out my other pieces they're original and yes, I'm shamelessly promoting my other work! :)

soccercrazy said...
honestly, i don't like it. you portrayed the attitude of bella and edward wrongly in my opinion, and it wasn't really an ending at all. there wasn't even a cliffhanger to cling to.

Freewut replied...
Apr. 17, 2010 at 5:36 pm :
Alright, I know this might sound contradictory to my comment, but I did mean to sort of change their attitudes.  However, I don't think it was that much of a change; they are still basically the same.

soccercrazy replied...
Apr. 20, 2010 at 11:39 pm :
ok. after i read your other comment, it makes sense.

vampiresrock said...
i don't want to put you down...but it pretty much ended like this...sorry...nice try though

Kelz1141 said...
I see the words are different but i didn't really see a change in the plot?

LaylaViolet said...
Okay, okay. I had to admit that I liked it. One thing was that when Edward says 'You know I can't read your mind' I couldn't help going 'duh'. When I saw the title, I thought it would be more... there would be a bit more action or something.
To dismiss my babble, I liked this piece.

IsisL said...
oooo I liked that! I mean, I like the orginial but that was incredible!

Leah M. said...
In the actual Twilight, book 1, Edward chuckles A LOT. Kind of funny that he chuckles here 2, but i like it.

Lamont A. said...
cool. i can kinda see it ending like that

youtotallysuck! replied...
Feb. 24, 2010 at 9:23 pm :
this is how it ended, just in less words and poorly written