Remembering the Nightmare | Teen Ink

Remembering the Nightmare

You wake up. Tired and disorientated. Yawn. The dream. Did you dream last night? Yes, you know you did, but what was the dream. What was it! You know it will drive you crazy till you figure it out. What was it? You start putting random words in your head hoping something will spark something from the dream. Bed, comforter, cat, walls, fan, TV, glass window. That’s it, something to do with glass. But what? Hmmm… You suddenly remember hearing glass shattering. And someone was screaming. Who was it? You know it’s someone you know. The screaming stopped abruptly. You know why. The screaming was silenced by death. You get up, noticing your window was smashed in. Was it a nightmare or a reality…

on Dec. 23 2009 at 11:08 am
WriterWithWings DIAMOND, Seneca, South Carolina

“Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished. If you're alive, it isn't.”
"Love is a drug. a drug that distorts reality, and thats the point of it. No body would fall in love with someone who they really saw."
"Words and hea

Well thank you... I think

williamsn said...
I enjoyed this piece greatly. Even though it was brief, it gave me the chills. From, "You wake up..." to, "What was it?" is exactly what millions of people, including myself, do when they have a dream and cannot remember what it was about. I could visualize this happening even though this piece was short and not vivid. When the story said, "You suddenly remeber..." to, "...a nightmare or a reality...", I felt a connection, because multiple times I have awoken from a deep sleep and could not remember if a dream was real or not. I would applaud the author, and ask for more stories if possible.

Tinadr said...
That was really CREEPY!!!