The Song

I lie there on my bed thinking of what I had just done. I couldn't get the scenes out of my head.
They were like reruns on TV, always coming on. Over and over and over again. I began to look at my
hands, the blood stained gloves. I thought to myself, she deserved it. She hurt you. Payback is like
the devil. Evil. Here they come again!!! Those stupid reruns!! I saw myself walking into her room.
With pink walls and posters of boys. Gross. I picked up the pair of house scissors off the dresser.
She began to stir. I stood as stiff and quiet as possible. Then when she stopped, I crept slowly up
to the sleeping girl. I had to make sure she would wake up. And that's when I saw the perfect way.
I walked up to the stereo and pushed play. Mozart began to fill the room and the girl sat up in her
bed. Perfect. I walked up to her and said, "I'm sorry for waking you. Go back to sleep." I
lifted the scissors and the girl opened her mouth to scream. She was gone before it escaped her
throat. I smiled deviously to myself. My job was finished. So I put the scissors in my pocket. And
walked away. I came back to reality. The scenes had disappeared. Two Weeks Later I couldn't help
but secretly smiling at myself during the funeral. My parents sat at the grave crying their eyes
out," My poor baby!" they cried. Suddenly I began to hear Mozart. The song that was playing that
night. I started looking around and saw no sign of music. What was happening? The music got louder
and louder. I began spinning in circles looking for the source of music. Finally it was so bad I
began to scream. Everyone spun backwards to face me. My father ran to me, "What is the matter with
you?" "It was me!" I yelled. "I killed her! Curse that bloody music!" I screamed. I
through the bloody scissors and gloves on the ground. I saw the police coming and I knew it was
over. Like I said earlier, payback is like the devil. Evil.

jspears said...
I enjoyed this passage. It keft me in suspense; i wonder what her sister had done to make her so mad. When you said "I began to hear Mozart...The music got louder and louder," i could clearly hear the sound of a symphony playing in my head. This passage was well written.

Lia N. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 29, 2009 at 12:14 am
You should elaborate on the music. Why would simple Mozart trigger such a reaction to ruin the rest of her life? She would try to contain the anguished screams inside of her, for she knows that this could ruin her. Please, elaborate and tell me how she feels when the music starts. Explain to the readers exactly the way it's affecting her.

distant_dreamer said...
Wow, I don't know what to think right now! How did you come up with such a horrible, but terrific story?

Hope_Princess replied...
I agree, it is creative but scary.
I can't believe that she killed her own sister. It keeps me wondering what her sister had done to make her mad, or was she just jealous?