Girl Kidnapped | Teen Ink

Girl Kidnapped

March 21, 2024
By icrannell1 BRONZE, Salem, Missouri
icrannell1 BRONZE, Salem, Missouri
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

 Maggie
It was a normal day in Lox, Kentucky. It was rainy and cold but that’s how it usually was. It was the middle of March and I was almost done with my Senior year of high school. I was a quiet shy kid who got bullied but it was whatever. I have gotten used to it by now. I was on my way to school when I saw a boy, who looked about my age so I decided to ask him if he needed a ride.
“Hey! Would you like a ride?”
“Uh, sure.” 
He got in the car and he was soaking wet. I cranked the heat up and asked him, “Where do you need to go?”
“Lox High School.”
“Perfect, that's where I am going. What grade are you in?”
“It’s my Senior year. How about you?”
“Same.”
The rest of the car ride was quiet and awkward. It took me about ten minutes to get to school and when I pulled in I realized that I didn’t even know his name.
“Hey what’s your name? I'm Maggie Piol.”
“Henry Stetz.” His name sounded very familiar, but I couldn’t think of why.
“Well it’s nice to meet you, but I do have a question. Why do you park so far away from the school? I mean I saw tons of spots right up front.”
“Well it’s complicated. I get bullied and I just find it easier to park back here so no one messes with my stuff.”
“Oh. Well I got your back I won’t let anyone mess with you.”
I gave him a small smile and we headed into the school.
Henry
I really couldn’t believe that Maggie got bullied. She seems very sweet and kind, so I just don’t understand. That was until I walked into the school and everyone was standing in their cliques. I was surprised she didn’t fit into any of them, but why would she want to. Everyone looked stuck up and I couldn’t understand it. No one said anything to me which was good. You see last year a special education kid accidentally ran into me in the hallway and I beat him up until he was bleeding. I lost control. Things were rough at home and I took it out on him. I felt really bad after and even spent some time in juvie. I wrote a letter to his parents and him apologizing, but it didn’t make up for it. The kid was okay, but the guilt still ate me up. After that I moved to Lox with my aunt. My hometown where it all went down is only two hours from Lox, so everyone everywhere knew what happened. It was all over social media and I still get death threats to this day. I am assuming that here at Lox, no one knows what happened or maybe they were just too scared to say anything. Either way I can’t let Maggie find out because I have a feeling that she will be my only friend around here.
Maggie
Henry and I had four out of seven classes together. We walked together to our first hour since we had the same class. We didn’t say much to each other until our seventh hour, we just talked about our day and decided that we should hang out later tonight. It stopped raining so he decided to walk home. While I was walking to my car, Oliver, a popular guy, stopped me.
“Why did you pick up that kid on the way to school?”
“Uh well it was pouring down and no one should have to walk in that. Why?”
“Do you really not know who he is?” I looked at him for a moment confused, but then realized that I didn’t care who Henry was because Oliver is always making everyone out to be a bad guy to make himself look better.
“No, but I don’t care what you have to say because you always make everyone seem so bad.” With that I turned and walked to my car. When I got to my car though, Henry was standing there.
“What was that about?”
“What? Do you mean Oliver? He just tries to make everyone out to be a bad guy, but I don’t care what he says.”
“He didn’t say anything about me?”
“Not really, he just said, “You really don’t know who that is. I walked away because he likes to lie and spread rumors.”
“Ok. Well I was wondering if you wanted to go ahead and hangout now, if you have nothing else going on.”
“Ya that sounds good to me.” When we arrived at Henry’s apartment the front door was oddly cracked. 
“Why is your door cracked?”
“I have no clue. My brother lives here but he always locks it.”
“Maybe he forgot?”
“No way. He gets paranoid about leaving it unlocked.”
“Let’s just call the police.”
“No, I will go in there and check it out, you stay here.”
“If you're going I'm going.” 
With that I got out of the car and started walking towards the apartment with Henry. Everything seemed good Henry said. The last room we needed to check was his. As we walked in, I saw a figure jump out from the closet and stab Henry in his stomach. I screamed. Henry yelled for me to run so that’s what I did. I made it outside and immediately jumped in my car and sped down to the police station. 
“My friend was just stabbed in his own apartment. I need HELP.” 
One of the police officers must have heard me because he came running to me and told me to lead him the way. We drove straight to the apartment, but this time I stayed in the car. A lot of other cops pulled up and even an ambulance. I prayed that Henry was okay and still alive. About five minutes later I saw them carrying out a body in a bag.
“Is this Henry?”
“Oh my gosh! Noooooo.” 
I barely knew him but from what I did know he was a very sweet, compassionate guy. The police called my parents and they picked me up and my mom drove my car home. They tried to talk to me, but I wouldn’t listen. All I wanted was to be left alone. I went up to my room and cried for hours. Who would kill someone like him? That’s when it hit me. He was the kid who beat up the special education kid last year for no reason. No wonder someone wanted him dead. After I heard about what he did I wanted to kill him. How did I not know? That’s why Oliver said that to me. I couldn’t think about it anymore, so I went to bed. I started to drift off, but then I heard someone opening my window. All of a sudden there was a figure in my room. I went to scream but the person immediately covered my mouth.
“Shhh. Be quiet and do as I say.” The voice sounded familiar and when they flipped my light on it was Oliver.
“What are you doing here?”
“You should have listened to me when I tried to warn you about Henry.”
“Well now I know who he is. I just didn’t see it at first. He was so kind.”
“Well now he is dead so you don’t have to worry about him.” 
“You're the one who killed him? Why would you do that? Maybe he was trying to change and be better but now he will never have the chance.”
“I could see that you were falling in love with him because I could see it in your eyes. Killing him was the only way I could have you to myself.”
“What do you mean to yourself?”
“I have loved you since middle school, but my friends would make fun of me if I was with you. That’s why I never tried, but now that I will be moving out of state, they won’t know that we are together.”
“We will never be together. You're a murderer. You will go to prison. I am leaving and going to the police station right now and turning you in.”
“I will not be going to prison. You and I are leaving now.” I couldn’t believe what this psycho was saying. 
“I am not going anywhere with you.” He grabbed me and covered my mouth again with his hand. He shoved a tight bag over my head and I could feel myself suffocating. I started getting dizzy and passed out. When I woke up I was tied up in his car. I couldn’t move and it was dark outside. I looked over at him and he gave me a small smile. I was being kidnapped. 


The author's comments:

I am a big fan of thrillers, so I decided to right one of my own.