Stuck in an Elevator | Teen Ink

Stuck in an Elevator

“You might wonder why I have gathered you all here today”. That was the first thing I heard when the elevator doors closed…

I’m Maddie and this is how my life took an unexpected turn for the worst. One day I was heading to work and everything was going superb. I was listening to my favorite podcast and best of all i was going to be on time for once which rarely ever happened Finally after the long and treacherous journey I got out of my car and started to walk to the vast doors of the building,I had about a good 15 minutes to get into my section of the building which was good for me. 

I slipped into the elevator with about 15 other people,but as soon as the doors closed I heard a spine chilling voice coming from the multitude of people in the elevator with me. “You might wonder why I have gathered you all here today”. Me being the genuinely confused person I am said “why are we here?” someone who was crowded next to me nudged me saying don't act so dumb in front of the boss.”it's about time to discuss code purple”.says the boss “whats code purple?” I say.  The mysterious person nudged me again “ stop acting dumb in front of the boss I already told you once”. 

“DING” finally the elevator doors start to open “everybody we will continue this in room 654”. Says the boss “ I’m not staying.” I say just as the doors of the elevator finally open all the way I start to sprint as fast as I can to the stairs but I assume that they had caught onto me because all I heard was running the whole time I was heading for the stairs. That's when I tripped on my shoe laces and hit my head making me go unconscious with those same footsteps still right behind me…