The Big Red Button | Teen Ink

The Big Red Button

March 13, 2024
By Anonymous

One day I walked into my house today and this random girl was just standing there and she whispered (press it) and obviously I was scared so scared that my heart was beating out of my chest. I screamed but the next thing I knew she was gone and there was a BIG RED BUTTON. And literally I was so scared I wanted to press it but then I just ran to my room and sat on the edge of my bed asking myself if I should press it. So then i called my mom and i was so irritated she didn't believe me and it was at night so i was terrified. So then I just decided to sleep it off and I just told myself that it was a long day and I was probably hallucinating so I slept it off (the next day). Omg i can't believe it is real the button is still here I think i'm gonna press it. 

As I pace back and forth I ask myself “should I press it” “ should I
not press it” I don't know what to do”. So… then… I finally pressed it. And … I fall down in a trapped door and I literally I start sliding down I slide I screamed because im scared but also it was kinda fun but i thought it was a joke or a prank and dont know whats going on the I fall into a ball pit a loud voice over the megaphone says''find the keyyyyyy in a very deep voice” then I found a key and as soon as I touched the key a door appeared and then I entered a red room then there was a door then a orange,yellow,green,blue rooms ect like the whole rainbow  but then I sat down and started thinking about things like “where am I” how will I get out then it clicked I was in the BACK ROOMS!!! Then I started panicking because I have NO idea of how to get out of the back rooms so then I started strategizing and for some reason i'm still stuck in this pink room so I sat down but then there was a bump a button so I pushed it and a door appeared so I went through it and i was back in my bed at home then I called my mom to tell her what happened and she didn't answer I called my boyfriend and he didn't answer so i went to my parent house and they came to the door but slammed it in my face and that's when i realized I wasn't in the right dimension no one new who I was so then I started a new life but.. I'm trying to get to a different one so I'm going under cover all the time so no one ever knows who I am, not even my husband.