The Day i killed a man | Teen Ink

The Day i killed a man

“Holy crap”! “How did I get here? One minute I’m in the sheriff’s gun with all the other guys, next thing I know I’m in a guy’s heart. This is not fun. Oh hi there sorry I didn’t see you let me introduce myself and explain as best I can how I got here. My name is …well I don’t have a name but I was the third bullet to be loaded into the sheriff’s gun so call me bullet number three”. “It was a morning like any other, the sun shining extravagantly down on this dreary little town. The people going to and fro, the horses tethered to a post and the hammer of the sheriff’s gun pulled back and ready for use if needed. Woo just saying the word hammer gives me chills. You may laugh but how would you like it if a giant piece of metal slammed against your butt, your butt explodes and you went flying through a metal tube and across a landscape screaming all the way. The next time you see a bullet being shot listen carefully this is what you will hear “eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyoooooooooooooooooooowwwwww”!

“But that’s beside the point. It was a normal day to begin with when all of a sudden we heard some loud voices (when I say we I mean the other bullets and I). One of the voices was that of a young errand boy the other was the sheriffs. Apparently some guy named Black Bart was trying to rob the local bank. Running to the bank the sheriff drew his gun. All of us got ready for a big metal spanking. Then it happened. Gunfire.

“Oh no” yelled the bullet two spaces in front of me. BANG “yeeeeeoooowwwww”! Bullet number one shot through the air. The second bullet was then loaded into position.

“Tell my family I…” BANG
He never finished his sentence “yeeeeeoooowwwww”! The second bullet vanished. Then it was my turn. Bang. It felt like a red hot baseball bat had hit my backside at full force. It was all over in about two seconds. I spun through the air, hit something and every thing went black. So there you have it that’s how I got here. Now will some one get me out of here I'm scared of the dark!