Seeing Through the Lies | Teen Ink

Seeing Through the Lies

September 26, 2022
By Stingysway BRONZE, Chico, California
Stingysway BRONZE, Chico, California
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Sometimes things have to get worse before they can get better"


~Seeing Through the Lies~


Thoughts were rushing in every direction and she couldn't comprehend the incoherent words. The noises were blending in to make a sharp hum. It was like a tornado was crashing through, it even seemed like it was destroying the memories as well. Even though they were able to see themselves, they couldn’t remember who they were, the only thing she could remember was her name, Doris. With the man’s name, he couldn't remember. 

The cake-y blackness seemed the safest from the house. She hides there moving within the shadows from the thing that it was. Doris was scared of the ‘thing’ that lives inside but doesn't want to leave. She knows it wants something, she knows it wants to hurt someone, she knows it wants to take him. There was a man that was also haunting the halls unaware of the monster lurking in the crevices. 

 People come and go trying to find something here. The unnamed man tries to  talk to them even if it's pointless. He was so carefree, she always wondered how he could do it without being curious. Doris thinks that is why it's so interested in him.  

                                                     It shifted. 

                                                    She froze.

She can't do anything to try and stop it from happening, from slipping through the splintered wood of the old house, slithering from room to room, roaming across the abode. It was everywhere. 

Little to his knowledge he was a target, he was a lamb about to be slaughtered. To him the house was a normal house, but he just had the gut feeling that something wasn't right, Doris doesn't really talk to him as much as she used to. Which was unusual, but he tried to blow it off. Then weird noises started to appear, he looked around and tried to find the cause of the eruptions. Before he knew it, a dark presence was felt from the man. It seemed big and small, loud and quiet, everything and nothing but most of all, in-human. He turned around and then kept repeating the same word over and over again hoping it would work.

‘Doris, Doris, Doris.’ She kept on hearing her name repeated over and over again knowing what it was. The incoherent words start to flow back into they’re mind at an impossible speed and block out all of the outside noises. She tried to find him but it was too late. 

                             It's here and it doesn’t want to leave.