All My Mistakes | Teen Ink

All My Mistakes

By AInocencio BRONZE, Pasadena, Texas
AInocencio BRONZE, Pasadena, Texas

My favorite color has always been Red, though Alexa likes to think she likes the same color as me. I saw her putting on that red lipstick that was darker than the color of my blood, wishing I had the same color lipstick. Immediately I set my course in the dining room to start preparing for my family to arrive, suddenly I hear a big slam meaning the door was shut so my family has come. I head to the kitchen to pay my respects, noticing how my sister is just getting all the attention again. Therefore I wait for Alexa to head to the V.I.P room alone, and sneak my way in without her knowing.

When entering the V.I.P room I noticed all the pictures of Alexa and her husband. Immediately I felt enraged by seeing them together knowing that I've loved him since I was put into this world.

“Why is all this suddenly just up on the walls”

“What are you talking about Lexi I put this up earlier”

“No..No…NO NO this was never up earlier I would have noticed!!”

As I studied her face I slammed a glass bottle on her head, while petrified of what I just did to my sister I looked back and forth to make sure no one, NO ONE, saw what I just did. I'm frightened but at the same time, I feel so happy. All I could think about is how I can finally be with the man I'd loved forever.

I calmly and steadily take Alexa’s outfit and slide it on me smoothly, I use the very dark red blood on the floor as my red lipstick, I steadily move to the long mirror and smile so crookedly at how beautiful I look

“He’s gonna love me more than her,” I say to myself.

I walk out confidently to the man I love, down the aisle ready for my dream to come true finally. He gives me the softest smile, together we say our vows and everyone applauds at us, he gives me the softest kiss not knowing this lipstick is his lover's own, but now it symbolizes my love for him.

“Say cheese yall”

“Alexa I've never seen you smile like that before ''...