The Basement | Teen Ink

The Basement

April 12, 2022
By Anonymous

Hi my name is Lilly and i found something a bit terrifying. When I was little my mom would tell me not to go into the basement. I wondered why she wouldn’t  let me go down there,  but soon I'll find out.

 One day I was playing with my barbies by the basement with the door open and for some reason I heard “Help me” in a whisper voice, so before I could take a step my mom grabbed me and put me in my room.

 She told me it wasn't safe down there, I was like 7 at the time. When I turned  12 she said I was responsible to be home alone, she went on vacation and that was my perfect chance to go to the basement.   

 Knowing my mom she would put up security cameras by the basement door. So i made a plan,  i would have a sleepover and i would invite my BFF’S, they wouldn't tell anyone, their names are Lillyana, Lillian, And Liv. (On the phone) I'll ask if you guys can come over '' Okay said Lillyana. 

She said yea so…. Come on over girls'' yayayayayayay Said all.” I'll make a list when you come over” K Said Liv. Let me introduce my friend group, Lillyana is an emo. She really enjoys watching scary movies, Lillian loves to travel places and take so many pictures, Liv is a cool girl who loves to play basketball, And me i'm just a girl who likes anime.

(Doorbell rings) They're  here mom, Ok sweetie. Hey girls” Heyyyyy Lilly. Ok, come to my room. So 1st we will, Eat dinner, then when “Go to sleep” Wink Wink!!!! Finally we sneak into the basement and find out what my mom is hiding. Sounds like a good plan. Sure, Liv said. Someone is going to have to stay up here and tell us when she's coming. I will say, Lillian Perfect. Okay girls let's go have a plate of number 1. Okay said Lillyana, Let's go said Liv.This is really good Mrs.Angela,And yes my moms name is Angela. Ok mom we are going to bed. K night sweetie said Angela”. Ok girls, are you ready?. Lets gooo said Liv. Sure said lillyana.Yep ready to stay up stairs by myself said Lillian. Lillian it's ok just chill. OK my mom has cameras by the basement door so it will be dark enough, but we will put black tape on the cameras just to be safe, ok lets go . lillian you can watch tv if you want, Yesss finally K bye don't die. (They go down stairs) Ok we have to be quiet. Blah Blah Blah said lillyana’ Ok so how about you go first i said’ i will. Liv are you ok.’ Oh yeah I was thinking of Josh…. OMG you like Josh. O.M.G said lillyana. But anyway the cameras are tape. Lets gooo see what is down there, said Liv. She just wants to hide the fact she likes Josh.’Yeppp. I opened the door and let me turn the light on. Woah. It looks so creepy. Anyways let's go down. And to this day I regret my decision but… we found a boy in my basement and his arm was gone.